ADVERTISEMENT

First to worst - in coaching

phatcat

Nov 5, 2001
Wisconsin
For years, Fitz could count on our West opponents to employ boneheads. Neb, ILL, PU and MN had a hilarious clown-car coaches rotation. I_wa kept Ferentz, who beats Fitz half the time, even WI had some turnover.

Now, let's say WI and Neb simply hire their interim coaches. Where does that leave Fitz in that pecking order. Even Ferentz fields a defense.

First to worst?

For years, Fitz could count on our West opponents to employ boneheads. Neb, ILL, PU and MN had a hilarious clown-car coaches rotation. I_wa kept Ferentz, who beats Fitz half the time, even WI had some turnover.

Now, let's say WI and Neb simply hire their interim coaches. Where does that leave Fitz in that pecking order. Even Ferentz fields a defense.

First to worst?
Remember we used to see all those articles ranking coaches in the country, in the B1G, under 30 or under 45 and PF was always up in the top. Now, he isn’t under 30 anymore, but when did he appear on a list of top coaches last? I only see him listed on hot seat lists.

Remember we used to see all those articles ranking coaches in the country, in the B1G, under 30 or under 45 and PF was always up in the top. Now, he isn’t under 30 anymore, but when did he appear on a list of top coaches last? I only see him listed on hot seat lists.
Well, it was just a year ago that he was ranked 9th by one service:

First to worst?
Our coaching needs improvement

Further thought. Including the East, Fitz may be no better than 12th in the conference. Maybe worst.

Now, he has certain obstacles we all understand, but to be worse than, say, Rutgers in year 17 is inexcusable

Reactions: drewjin and IGNORE2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT