ADVERTISEMENT

Fitz and Collins: Two of a kind

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
It’s fitting that Northwestern announced the contract extensions of football coach Pat Fitzgerald and men’s basketball coach Chris Collins together. The similarities between the two are striking.

Story: Fitzgerald and Collins: Two of a kind

It’s fitting that Northwestern announced the contract extensions of football coach Pat Fitzgerald and men’s basketball coach Chris Collins together. The similarities between the two are striking.

Story: Fitzgerald and Collins: Two of a kind

I thought the story Phillips told when asked about the differences was interesting.....the day after he fired BC, he met with the team and asked what they would like to see in a new head coach, and all the things they listed described Fitz: players coach, competed at a high level, etc.

Wow - this is a really well done piece, and of course a great story! Having witnessed very contrasting coaching styles fairly up close at a couple of other schools in Power 5 (both football and basketball), watching these two head coaches in action, coaching and interacting, is refreshing, inspiring and incredibly enjoyable!!

Wow - this is a really well done piece, and of course a great story! Having witnessed very contrasting coaching styles fairly up close at a couple of other schools in Power 5 (both football and basketball), watching these two head coaches in action, coaching and interacting, is refreshing, inspiring and incredibly enjoyable!!

Good thing for me my dad isn't around to read that article. He would have donated my whole inheritance after reading it.
He would have been so proud. Go Cats!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT