ADVERTISEMENT

For DocCatsFan, a request:

WildcatWillie

May 29, 2001
You obviously keep close track on current and former Cats golfers.

I like to keep an eye on ex-NU golfers on the various tours. Would you list who is now on the PGA (obviously besides Luke, who I see is in the field this coming week), Web.com and any other tours? Also, where does one go to get scores of the Asian tours (Chen, et al)?

I for one appreciate your periodic updates here on these folks. (I know Wrassler also stays involved but alas, somebody put him on "Ignore" some while back on my computer!)

Thanks WW, I'm glad that some folks like to hear what's going on with our golf alums. As I have gotten to know some of them personally a bit it has been especially fun for me to follow them.

PGA tour: Obviously Luke is the star ex NU golfer. Yes, his first tourney of the year is this week at the Northern Trust.

Web.com: David Lipsky made this tour at Q school this year.
Chris Wilson is playing this tour now.
Fran Quinn has played this tour but I think he may have retired finally

Asian tour: David Lipsky will be playing this as well as the web.com tour. I think he finished in the top 5 on the Order of Merit (money list) last year.

Japanese tour: Eric Chun is about to begin his pro career on this tour. I keep in touch with Eric pretty regularly and I can tell you that he is going to be making some serious $$. He will be on the PGA tour, I'm certain of it.

I also know that Scott Harrington has played some of the less prestigious tour events but with good success.

Each of these tours have websites where you can follow the progress of the players. I of course will continue to offer updates.

Anyone remember Jim Benepe ? He won the Western Open at Buler National right out of college. Last I heard he was living in Sheridan ,Wyoming(I think)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT