ADVERTISEMENT

"For the last few years, actually ..."

Palindrome

Jun 19, 2001
..... Northwestern has been dreadful at protecting their quarterback.”

So says the TV analyst after an all too familiar looking sack. In this instance CT held the ball for quite a while before he went down under the swarming Hawkeyes, but I the comment was a more general assessment.

My question is, what does it take to pass protect that we don’t have or we don’t know or we don’t do?

I guess when we had the spread offense we didn’t have to worry so much about that, but now that our QB is no longer a moving target on most plays, can we ever get this right?

I have been secretly pondering what and who we are going to put behind center once CThor goes pro after this season (if he does). Who do we have in the stable of qbs of underclassmen that can run around like Colter but throw like Siemeon/Bacher/Kafka? Anybody? Are we going to get a fifth year senior/transfer to play for a year for us? Is next year going to be a rebuilding year where we take a step back and finish 4-8/3-9? Has anybody seen our schedule for next year? It appears to be much more difficult than this year for sure. We might finish 2-10 if we are lucky? We really could have used Josh Jackson next year if he hadn't gone to VTech. Does anybody have any answers for me? Are we going to stink next year?

I have been secretly pondering what and who we are going to put behind center once CThor goes pro after this season (if he does). Who do we have in the stable of qbs of underclassmen that can run around like Colter but throw like Siemeon/Bacher/Kafka? Anybody? Are we going to get a fifth year senior/transfer to play for a year for us? Is next year going to be a rebuilding year where we take a step back and finish 4-8/3-9? Has anybody seen our schedule for next year? It appears to be much more difficult than this year for sure. We might finish 2-10 if we are lucky? We really could have used Josh Jackson next year if he hadn't gone to VTech. Does anybody have any answers for me? Are we going to stink next year?

2-10 if we are "lucky"? Does that mean 0-12 if we are unlucky? We have a lot of young talent, the schedule is brutal. I don't expect us to contend for a title, but think middle of the B1G is reasonable and with some surprises we can do better than that.

No need to ponder. There is no way on this planet or any other that CThor goes pro after this season. But, yeah, I don't really see any slam dunk QBs in he cupboard.

No need to ponder. There is no way on this planet or any other that CThor goes pro after this season. But, yeah, I don't really see any slam dunk QBs in he cupboard.

No way Thorson should transfer or go pro. But if he does we could consider this JUCO.

NOTE - I AM ONLY SAYING THIS IF THORSON LEAVES OKAY! AND I DON"T THINK HE WILL OR SHOULD!

This QB was a top rated QB that signed at LSU two years ago. He left LSU at the end of last season and this year is in JUCO and now he will try to make it back to the big leagues. He is at the famous "Last Chance U" featured in the TV series about JUCO ball on Showtime or HBO or wherever the heck it is.

JUCO's usually go there due to grade issues but not all this fellow. He was accepted into Harvard.

Yet, Scott Jr. had offers from the likes of Syracuse, Tulane, Rutgers and Maryland before he received his offer from LSU on Jan. 19. For a 3.8 GPA student, an achievement urged by his parents, even Harvard was among his top four choices.

“Even when I was little, there were days where I couldn’t go outside until homework was done,” Scott Jr. said. “My dad told me when I was little, ‘If it’s not an A, it’s an F.’”

Both Franks and Haskins stand well-over six feet, but what defines Scott Jr. is a undying competitive fire. According to Zachary coach David Brewerton, it’s unlike many people he’s ever seen. To his teammate, TCU offensive line signee Kellton Hollins, that competitive spirit is constant. “If he says he’s going to do it, he’ll do it,” Hollins said. “If he says I’m going to beat you on this, he’ll beat you. Even in math class, he’s like that.”

http://www.lsunow.com/daily/lone-qu...cle_1da6cd08-caf5-11e5-a83a-e79abd45a502.html

Looking at schools now -

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2017/08/lsu_qb_transfer_lindsey_scott.html

WOW! L.Scott Jr.. Did we recruit him out of high school? If we didn't- why not? Seems like a perfect fit. Seems to be of the mold of D.Persa. So how many years of eligibility would he have if we snatched him from the bayou? I hope Fitz/co. keeps the idea of having this young man playing for the Cats viable. I liked what I read/saw!

WOW! L.Scott Jr.. Did we recruit him out of high school? If we didn't- why not? Seems like a perfect fit. Seems to be of the mold of D.Persa. So how many years of eligibility would he have if we snatched him from the bayou? I hope Fitz/co. keeps the idea of having this young man playing for the Cats viable. I liked what I read/saw!

Me too. I hope they are aware of him because currently he is being recruited by schools like UT San Antonio and the like. I am sure he would prefer to be here and we could have a real QB competition when Clayton leaves - which as I made clear above, I hope will be not next year but the FOLLOWING year. His only problem is that he is a bit short. But that hasn't stopped some other quality men at that position.

And of course athletes like him are often turned into WR's, Superbacks, etc.

I hopr the staff knows about him.

Me too. I hope they are aware of him because currently he is being recruited by schools like UT San Antonio and the like. I am sure he would prefer to be here and we could have a real QB competition when Clayton leaves - which as I made clear above, I hope will be not next year but the FOLLOWING year. His only problem is that he is a bit short. But that hasn't stopped some other quality men at that position.

And of course athletes like him are often turned into WR's, Superbacks, etc.

I hopr the staff knows about him.

L.Scott Jr. seems to be of a Russell Wilson/Dan Persa mold. Look at what Drew Brees has accomplished- and he is only 5'11". I am not sure if L.S.Jr. will be as successful as Wilson/Brees in the pros. But look at USFlorida's qb. He is only 5'10" on a good day. The big schools wanted to turn him into a wr.(he might be a wr in the pros)-he is setting school passing/td records now and USF is now in the top 20 and undefeated with Charli Strong as their coach. Eurocat, if you hear anything on this fellow with regards to NU potentially getting him, please start another thread! Thanks for the info!

L.Scott Jr. seems to be of a Russell Wilson/Dan Persa mold. Look at what Drew Brees has accomplished- and he is only 5'11". I am not sure if L.S.Jr. will be as successful as Wilson/Brees in the pros. But look at USFlorida's qb. He is only 5'10" on a good day. The big schools wanted to turn him into a wr.(he might be a wr in the pros)-he is setting school passing/td records now and USF is now in the top 20 and undefeated with Charli Strong as their coach. Eurocat, if you hear anything on this fellow with regards to NU potentially getting him, please start another thread! Thanks for the info!
How about we give the guys we recruited that remain in the program a shot? We have never seen them take a snap.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT