ADVERTISEMENT

For those scoring at home...

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
...this is the third year in a row that two Cats got drafted by the NFL: Ibraheim Campbell and Trevor Siemian were selected in 2015, Dan Vitale and Dean Lowry were picked last year, and Anthony Walker and Ifeadi Odenigbo got the call today.

Reactions: NUCat320
Meanwhile dOSU gets 3 players drafted in the 1st round alone in an off year, and Stanford has 2 in the first round. Fitz does wonders with what he has to work with, nearly upsetting dOSU last year and beating Stanford the year before.

Western Michigan had 3 players drafted.

True, we could have 4 drafted next year following our Big 10 championship, with Thorson also being a possibility along with Jalen Brown.

Man, a guy from Kutztown was drafted before anyone from NU. Kutztown.

Man, a guy from Kutztown was drafted before anyone from NU. Kutztown.

I have a passing familiarity with Kutztown, since they play my alma mater Shippensburg in the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference. They've had some decent players on occasion, including former Buffalo wide receiver Andre Reed, who was a seven-time pro bowler and is in the NFL Hall of Fame. I believe there were 13 PSAC players on NFL rosters in 2014 — I'm not aware of the current count. Off the top of my head I can think of James Williams, who was a Bears' lineman for several seasons and a graduate of Cheyney State from the PSAC. Shippensburg currently has two NFL players, John Kuhn of Green Bay and Brent Grimes of Atlanta. To make a long story short, it's not necessarily a disgrace to get drafted behind a PSAC player.

I have a passing familiarity with Kutztown, since they play my alma mater Shippensburg in the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference. They've had some decent players on occasion, including former Buffalo wide receiver Andre Reed, who was a seven-time pro bowler and is in the NFL Hall of Fame. I believe there were 13 PSAC players on NFL rosters in 2014 — I'm not aware of the current count. Off the top of my head I can think of James Williams, who was a Bears' lineman for several seasons and a graduate of Cheyney State from the PSAC. Shippensburg currently has two NFL players, John Kuhn of Green Bay and Brent Grimes of Atlanta. To make a long story short, it's not necessarily a disgrace to get drafted behind a PSAC player.
You are being far too modest about PSAC football. Let's add to this list:
-- Chris Villarreal, Indiana University Pennsylvania Crimson Hawks, Chicago Bears
-- The tragic but also late-hitting Andre Waters, Cheyney Wolves, Philadelphia Eagles
-- Mike Reichenbach, East Stroudsburg Warriors, Philadelphia Eagles. He also graduated from Liberty High School, Bethlehem, Dan Persa's alma mater.
-- Al-Hajj Shabazz, West Chester Golden Rams, Pittsburgh Steelers.
-- NU connection: Brett Basanez, finalist for the head coaching job of the Lock Haven Bald Eagles.
-- NU connection we don't talk about in polite company: Greg Colby, head coach, Millersville University Marauders, 2008-2012, where he compiled an 11-44 record.

Last edited:
Kuhn is on the saints I believe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT