ADVERTISEMENT

Former Big Ten punter transferred due to lack of opportunity

ohiovalleycat

Oct 7, 2007
Here's a problem I wish we will have with Northwestern football: Ohio State's former punter Jesse Mirco, a semifinalist for the Ray Guy award as the best collegiate punter, transferred away from Ohio State earlier this year. He recently did an interview and told the host that, while Ohio State was a great opportunity, he REALLY NEEDED to go to a place where he could showcase his skills and position himself to go to the NFL. (Apparently, Ohio State's offensive effectiveness does not give him enough opportunity to showcase his range of punting skills, so he transferred to Vanderbilt where he will prospectively have a ton of opportunities).

Here's to hoping the Wildcat's future offenses are so good, that it's all Big Ten team punter feels he has to transfer to get more opportunity to play.

Here's a problem I wish we will have with Northwestern football: Ohio State's former punter Jesse Mirco, a semifinalist for the Ray Guy award as the best collegiate punter, transferred away from Ohio State earlier this year. He recently did an interview and told the host that, while Ohio State was a great opportunity, he REALLY NEEDED to go to a place where he could showcase his skills and position himself to go to the NFL. (Apparently, Ohio State's offensive effectiveness does not give him enough opportunity to showcase his range of punting skills, so he transferred to Vanderbilt where he will prospectively have a ton of opportunities).

Here's to hoping the Wildcat's future offenses are so good, that it's all Big Ten team punter feels he has to transfer to get more opportunity to play.
That’s a great story thanks for sending

Maybe that was the reason John Kidd committed to Northwestern.

Punters can't get work
Trying to make NFL
In current football

Go to Iowa
You'll get lots of playing time.
All they do is punt

Reactions: WildcatWillie
News peg:
Brian Ferentz has a job!

I’m legitimately shocked he didn’t decide to take a few years off before settling in as, like, the P.E. teacher at Coralville middle school. The only nepo’er babies are the Belichick boys.

I think BF is generally regarded as a good o-line coach at least?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT