ADVERTISEMENT

Fremd vs Palatine/ Johnny Obrien report

mickbula

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2011
Alma Ata, Kazakhstan
I went to palatine vs fremd thursday night cross town rivalry game last night 10/10. Wow! Fremd lost by a close margin. But J obrien is the real deal. He was the whole fremd offense. They threw the ball literally 98% of the time. Palatine sold out and dropped into coverage every time. Obrien ran the ball for first downs several times. And he threw the ball into very tight windows all over the field the whole night. He also showed a lot of toughness. He got nearly knocked out of the game near the end of the second quarter. The whole stadium went silent when this happened. I thought he had a concussion and wouldn't return. But he did. He was whoozy getting off the ground after laying there for a few minutes. And he took some vicious hits by the palatine dline. A michigan bound #77 d tackle commit hit him once as he completed a 35 yard heave and I'm not sure how he didn't break some ribs. The guy sitting behind me told me johnny would probably break my heart and decommit. I am not buying it. I think he'll go to nu and start all 4 years. And hopefully break cthorson record for wins by qb. He was obviously the best player on the field. Only really made one bad throw that was a pick-6. But the refs called defensive holding on palatine and the td was overturned. In sum, we've got a gem for our next class. If necessary, I'd tell the nu people to pay this kid nil whatever it takes. I really enjoyed watching him throw the ball all over the field. He saw the whole field and made some superior tosses. Several times he hit his wrs right in the chest even when they were draped by defenders. He is like the opposite of the type of o that we've seen the past several years. I think he'll give us a lefty Bacher with several games like the 500 yard passing he had vs teams like msu his second season at qb for nu. And he did all this while being chased all over the back field by palatine's dline. It looked like palatine's line was about 2-3 inches taller and 30 pounds heavier than fremd's oline. Really remarkable. And I am REALLY looking forward to seeing luhan work his wonders with this young fellow!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.