ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thoughts

FitzFan

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
Great win for the team. Some are saying that this was a bad game against a bad opponent, but I don't think Illinois is that bad (middle-of-the-road B1G team, methinks). We lost to that team twice last year, so it's nice to get the win this go-around.

Collins was really fired up. Check it:
il-nuuz-08-collins.gif

• We really need to find an end-game set that isn't just "BMac dribbling for 15 seconds then putting up a weak shot or committing a turnover." I love BMac's game, but he's not quick enough to out-maneuver decent defenders 1-on-1, especially at the end of a game in which he's played 38 minutes.
  • Vic Law is one tough dude. I don't think he deserved the technical. Refs were calling way to many ticky-tack fouls on both sides, but man can Law just lock down his man.
  • Was good to see Scotty recover and put up some points. Was fairly worried at the end of the 1st half!
  • I'm really hoping Brown gains confidence from his clutch performance today. It'd be awesome to get 10 minutes of decent play from him each game!
  • What was up with the "male cheerleaders" in front of the student section. Gotta find some guys who actually know how to dance. That was embarrassing.
  • Don't see MysticCat on tonight. Strange.
  • Always great to beat the turds in CU!

Was Miller Kopp at the game? During the 2nd half saw someone who looked like him (with perhaps his dad) come sit behind the scorers/announcers.

Also, after this game I don’t think I know what is/is not a foul anymore, but at least they seemed even, as was mentioned in another thread. And both teams shot their FTs well.

My theory is that those male cheerleaders are actually Willy subs or Willy-in-training. Kind of dance like him.

Great win for the team. Some are saying that this was a bad game against a bad opponent, but I don't think Illinois is that bad (middle-of-the-road B1G team, methinks). We lost to that team twice last year, so it's nice to get the win this go-around.

Collins was really fired up. Check it:
il-nuuz-08-collins.gif

• We really need to find an end-game set that isn't just "BMac dribbling for 15 seconds then putting up a weak shot or committing a turnover." I love BMac's game, but he's not quick enough to out-maneuver decent defenders 1-on-1, especially at the end of a game in which he's played 38 minutes.
  • Vic Law is one tough dude. I don't think he deserved the technical. Refs were calling way to many ticky-tack fouls on both sides, but man can Law just lock down his man.
  • Was good to see Scotty recover and put up some points. Was fairly worried at the end of the 1st half!
  • I'm really hoping Brown gains confidence from his clutch performance today. It'd be awesome to get 10 minutes of decent play from him each game!
  • What was up with the "male cheerleaders" in front of the student section. Gotta find some guys who actually know how to dance. That was embarrassing.
  • Don't see MysticCat on tonight. Strange.
  • Always great to beat the turds in CU!
Mac has seven turnovers at the end of last two games! Get Ash in there!

My theory is that those male cheerleaders are actually Willy subs or Willy-in-training. Kind of dance like him.

It was almost as if those guy cheerleaders dancing were trying to model/mimic the football team's strength and conditioning coach! I agree, it was kind of alarming to see them jumping around like that. But what the hell- if they are NU students, I give them credit. At least they were there and having fun rooting on the team! They were doing their thing and being creative in some strange ways/albeit like the muscle man at football games!

Brown was the biggest positive takeaway from this game. We need him to be at least as good as he was last year. Even the drive he missed was a nice open shot.

Reactions: catfans5
It was almost as if those guy cheerleaders dancing were trying to model/mimic the football team's strength and conditioning coach! I agree, it was kind of alarming to see them jumping around like that. But what the hell- if they are NU students, I give them credit. At least they were there and having fun rooting on the team! They were doing their thing and being creative in some strange ways/albeit like the muscle man at football games!
Male cheerleaders, finally! NU was probably the only power 5 school that did not have guys for cheerleaders. Noticed many times in previous years that the lady cheerleaders couldn't carry the large N flag and let Willy when it was a male do the honor or it just wasn't used. Looks like were moving closer to the big boy programs, private jet, new practice facility, new, small gym and now male cheerleaders. What's next, maybe the Block N.

Brown was the biggest positive takeaway from this game. We need him to be at least as good as he was last year. Even the drive he missed was a nice open shot.

I predict bigger and better performances for Brown. Rumor is that he hadn't played much so far this season because of an injury in preseason workouts. He is just now starting to get into game shape! He is going to be a difference maker for us for the rest of the season- I hope??!!

NU was 6-2 last season at the same juncture while NU is currently 5-3. The loss on the road to GTech was painful and a bad loss but NU barely beat Wake Forest at home in the same ACC challenge. If NU played GTech at home, my opinion is that Lindsey would not have gone for 0 points and 0-8 from the field and Falzon would not have gone 1-8 v. GTech and NU would have beaten GTech. If NU played Wake Forest on the road last season, my opinion is that John Collins and Wake would have beaten NU. Yes, this year’s NU team is not running at full speed, but it is not accurate to say the NU is nowhere near the last year’s team at this point.

NU was 6-2 last season at the same juncture while NU is currently 5-3. The loss on the road to GTech was painful and a bad loss but NU barely beat Wake Forest at home in the same ACC challenge. If NU played GTech at home, my opinion is that Lindsey would not have gone for 0 points and 0-8 from the field and Falzon would not have gone 1-8 v. GTech and NU would have beaten GTech. If NU played Wake Forest on the road last season, my opinion is that John Collins and Wake would have beaten NU. Yes, this year’s NU team is not running at full speed, but it is not accurate to say the NU is nowhere near the last year’s team at this point.

IF we win over Purdue tomorrow, I will be a believer in this team. That is, we will go dancing at the end of the season!

Thought Illinois really worked hard and well in taking the ball out of Bmacs hands.....we look lost when that happens. Falzone, Lindsey and Law need to get better at going to the basket with the ball.....and we need as someone said some offense that does not run through BMAC...I think Pardon has developed enough to just get some post up plays. Now it seems they all come off of high screen and rolls for Bmac. Will be interesting to see if we adjust offensively this year...cuz seems like everyone has figured out the train goes through the Brian MacIntosh station and they got the schedule.

Thought Illinois really worked hard and well in taking the ball out of Bmacs hands.....we look lost when that happens. Falzone, Lindsey and Law need to get better at going to the basket with the ball.....and we need as someone said some offense that does not run through BMAC...I think Pardon has developed enough to just get some post up plays. Now it seems they all come off of high screen and rolls for Bmac. Will be interesting to see if we adjust offensively this year...cuz seems like everyone has figured out the train goes through the Brian MacIntosh station and they got the schedule.

Brian MacIntosh?

Male cheerleaders, finally! NU was probably the only power 5 school that did not have guys for cheerleaders. Noticed many times in previous years that the lady cheerleaders couldn't carry the large N flag and let Willy when it was a male do the honor or it just wasn't used. Looks like were moving closer to the big boy programs, private jet, new practice facility, new, small gym and now male cheerleaders. What's next, maybe the Block N.

Male cheerleaders.

You nailed it Willy: We Have Arrived!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT