ADVERTISEMENT

Entire trajectory of that game changed when Boo got hurt

MC_Cat

May 29, 2001
The moxie we had evaporated once Boo got rolled up on, it was palpable even after he came back in. He was trying to walk it off but you could tell he didn't want to do anything to make it worse. The 2nd half he was a bit more like normal and hit some big shots but not 100%. Hopefully a few days of rest and he will be back to where he was.

I honestly sensed at that moment that if we had somehow won that game, tomorrow would've been really rough, especially if Boo's issue was still lingering (which I think it would be, even though he said in the post game presser it was just a "stinger"). On top of that was some kind of shoulder injury to Preston which impacted him as well, and going up against Edey would definitely not have been just what the doctor ordered.

So, to lose by 9 points with all the missed shots and opportunities we had doesn't feel as bad to me as it would otherwise, and if we come out of this with the same health that we went into it for our game next week, that to me is an ok outcome.

Great post. While I had visions of Saturday/Sunday games this weekend, I'd much rather play in a Saturday/Sunday game NEXT weekend (and I hear you CatManTrue - you don't have to say anything). NU didn't get embarrassed in this game - they just got outplayed by a good team. As long as the injuries suffered today don't linger, there's a chance.

Hat's off to Storr too. He was phenomenal.

I’ll be honest, I was watching him closely from then on and he didn’t really seem slowed or bothered at all. Wisconsin is good inside and they were absolutely not going to let Buie beat them on the drive today, they collapsed like crazy. Boo did a good job finding outlets and open guys, but far too often is was Smith or Mullins that Wisconsin had left alone receiving Boo’s pass. Langborg not being able to stay on the floor was a disaster from that standpoint, it was guys who are total non-threats taking what Boo made for them. Combine that with Brooks struggles and they were just out of options.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT