ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread American University

I’m missing the game for the boy’s band concert. It’s just not the same furtively glancing at the gamecast, but not an exciting score imho.

Just bewildering how poorly we shoot, even with open looks.

At the under eight minute timeout we trailed 21 to 20 . Way too many fouls in this game makes it choppy hard to watch . Must be hard for the guys to get a rhythm going . So far we really need pardon they are taking advantage of Benson on defense .

The announcers are horrible, it's a Northwestern home game and they can't get the player names correct .

So far the Brightspot is Law

A couple TO's, but Greer knows who should get the ball. Offense smoother with him on the court.

Reactions: DaCat
Do our undergrads all go home for Veteran's Day now? What the hell is this?

At the under four minute timeout we take the lead 31 to 30 . We're starting to play better with a little bit more flow . Greer is been in the last few minutes but he's made a few rookie mistakes . Law seems to be taking the team on his back

Refs are calling it pretty close. I think we need to keep pounding it inside to Pardon, and Law needs to keep attacking the rim. If Taylor starts to heat up, it’ll get fun.

Law carried us in the first half. Pardon had some chances inside that he normally makes, hope those start falling in the second half.

I like Greer at lead guard.

How do you not play him? Just one game but it's pretty clear he and Turner are your guys...and I think Turner is a good complement on the wing. it sets up that second and third pass.

Don't see much out of our two heralded freshman forwards. Greer looks reasonable at this point. Not too many guys that can put the ball in the basket but law looks fantastic.

How do you not play him? Just one game but it's pretty clear he and Turner are your guys...and I think Turner is a good complement on the wing. it sets up that second and third pass.

Turner is a smart player, good all around.

We will be fine. Play great defense every time and wear em down. Greer looks better than Gaines right now. Gaines can't really shoot. Not sure if Ash is fully healthy yet. Pardon looking good. Seems like we have ten guys that can play,they got six or seven. Wear em down.

Not to wave the red flag, but is Ash hurt or why is he not playing? Or is he playing and just no stats?

Not to wave the red flag, but is Ash hurt or why is he not playing? Or is he playing and just no stats?
I hope its that he's hurt. I tuned in late, but in time to watch him clank 3 free throws in a row. If your point guard can't even make a free throw, then you have to think about other options.

Reactions: Fitz51 and EagerFan
Where are all those people complaining about the weak non-conference schedule? It's very clear that this team needed winnable games like these to mesh. I'm glad they showed signs of putting it together at the end of the half.

Reactions: Fitz51
I hope its that he's hurt. I tuned in late, but in time to watch him clank 3 free throws in a row. If your point guard can't even make a free throw, then you have to think about other options.
He's coming off an injury and is on a pitch count (or at least was last game).

I'll reserve judgment just a bit longer, but from what I've seen so far, there's nothing that Ash does that Turner doesn't do better. I've been impressed with how fluid he's looked as a lead guard. Doesn't mean Ash can't have a role, but it'll be interesting to see how long he starts.

Four missed 3s in the first two minutes of the second half. Not good. American jumps out to a 6-2 run.

Without Law, NU would be shooting 7-for-24 and 1-of-11 from 3.

This is the worst shooting team I think I've ever seen. My lord.

Why can the big guys from a dinky little school like American post up inside and score, but our big guys can't do that?

Ash is hurt. Just not himself. He needs a month to get healthy. When he does,we will be a solid Big Ten team. He just can't go right now. Ash is easily our best defender,passer,and ball handlers. But he is hurt.

Did they move this game to Allstate? I believe someone used the word “somnolent” on Saturday. It also applies here.

There are 8 missed 3 pointers with 12 mins left. Collins is just stubborn on his insistence of 3 point shooting. Have to go inside.

There are 8 missed 3 pointers with 12 mins left. Collins is just stubborn on his insistence of 3 point shooting. Have to go inside.
Pardon can't hit anything outside of 1 foot and Benson is afraid of his own shadow. This team relies on so many off balance jump shots. Just fundamentally not sound at all on offense.

Pardon can't hit anything outside of 1 foot and Benson is afraid of his own shadow. This team relies on so many off balance jump shots. Just fundamentally not sound at all on offense.

I kind of get why Collins is letting them try to shoot their way out of it, but now's the time to make a move. 47-45. Need to get the win. Will have another few games to hopefully iron out the kinks. Bad shooting nights happen. Just win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT