ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for NU vs. Georgetown

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Georgetown isn't anywhere near a good Power Six team, but they are a Power Six team. We should learn a lot about the Cats tonight.

None of their top 6 guys were on the team last year. Lets reserve judgment until we crush them.

This may be the worst shooting team in America. We are missing everything. including layups

We struggled to score against the likes of Quincy and NIU. Only time we had good offense was against an awful CS team.

We have to get better, more poised. It’s scary how we fell apart the moment Georgetown turned up the heat a bit on defense.

Beran already looks shell shocked. Had all his shots blocked now that he is playing bigger athletes. I hope he doesn’t lose his aggressiveness.

This is terrible basketball by two bad teams. Almost comical.

This is a rough watch. With the veteran team we have, we should not have an issue against a team of all new faces that is playing their third game together.

Soooo many mistakes from guys who have played a lot of minutes in their careers. It’s just painful to watch.

The guards are terrible at anticipating. Nicholson was open on the roll last 4 plays

Size is bothering NU

If we don’t rush it on offense we will open a decent lead.

This Georgetown team has an offense that looks like they’re playing in Rucker Park

How can Buie be a senior and still play this out of control? It’s like he’s learned nothing in all these years.

Overall, a very frustrating first half. Buie needs to stop forcing it (I don't know if he knows how to do it) and they need to feed it to Nicholson. So many sloppy possessions trying to do too much.

We're only down 3 and Boo hasn't had any points? Yeah, I'll take that.

I'm trying to get my head around all the times the 'Cats have deflected and dove for the ball, only for it to bounce to a Hoya for a breakaway. That should even out over the long haul, but it's annoying.

Man, I missed Julian Roper. He's so smooth out there.

Nicholson is definitely first half MVP. 9pts, 8reb, 2 blk, 1 ast, and only 1 TO and no PFs? Wow. Tremendous.

Wish NU could score on the three 50/50.

So tydus should come out and play his butt off so he doesn't lose time to Matt. If he doesn't that's a problem. Matt is getting better and showing it

Does Boo know what time the games starts

Wish NU could score on the three 50/50.

So tydus should come out and play his butt off so he doesn't lose time to Matt. If he doesn't that's a problem. Matt is getting better and showing it

Does Boo know what time the games starts
It's not a problem if Matt earns more minutes playing like tonight.

• Love
Reactions: drewjin
There’s gotta be some courage out there to bench Buie and Audige. Chase only went to the bench because he was in foul trouble.

If they are playing as poorly in the 2nd they need to sit down.

Also, Beran needs to work on finishing when he drives. He is being too hesitant and that's leading to blocks on almost all of his attempts.

Their guy Akuk Akuk presents a matchup problem. Beran has to step up and guard him. So far he seems a bit intimidated.
It was a wild first half. Both sides playing aggressive defense.

Nicholson is getting position on the offensive boards whenever we give him the time to get there.

Reactions: drewjin
I told the guy I am watching with this with that Verhooven getting the 2nd foul will be a good thing as Big Matt will be forced into more min. If he continues this he should start by B1G play if not sooner.

Their guy Akuk Akuk presents a matchup problem. Beran has to step up and guard him. So far he seems a bit intimidated.
It was a wild first half. Both sides playing aggressive defense.

Nicholson is getting position on the offensive boards whenever we give him the time to get there.
Beran has played the opposite of intimidated imo. Night and day compared to last year. Aggressive offensively even tho he his missing shots. Solid as ever definitely.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT