ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Duke vs. Northwestern

We lost 8 yards on 3rd and 1 from the 3 yard line... Story of the game right there.

Offense has a ton of work to do, and it's going to likely take more than just this season to fix.

Pure idiocy
Tough way to lose the game.

Heck of an entertaining one though.

I’m hoping Wright looked bad due to the wind, and we bounce back next week.

Otherwise it will be a loooong season unless Lausch can ball

Wright has no composure. Why doesn’t he throw that ball away? Even if it’s a down the field penalty, that’s better than that.

We need a new QB period. But that play was moronic! Porter off tackle should have done the trick. No bowling this season.

Lujan and the offense have a lot of work to do, and finding a workable QB is as hard as its ever been.

Reactions: Jaguar 88
I feel sick, but this was not a team that played well at all. D was great for three quarters but ran out of gas. Wright was terrible from word go. Coaching horrible.

I’m not in the “three wins” camp…yet, but NU has a lot of work to do.

The same as everyone complained about 3 hour baseball games, I don’t want to watch 4 hour football games.

Tough way to lose the game.

Heck of an entertaining one though.

I’m hoping Wright looked bad due to the wind, and we bounce back next week.

Otherwise it will be a loooong season unless Lausch can ball
Their QB was throwing nice balls in that same wind

I agree, Wright isn't going to get the program to the post season, much less 4 victories with the schedule.
NU still needs a QB and OC. That 3rd and 1 play call was brutal. Wright could have also thrown it out of bounds. Very very disappointed at how much NU was out coached as the game went on.

Reactions: Jaguar 88
Loss is on Lujans. Run Porter stràight ahead Two downs to make a yard Score the TD and. run PORTER AGAIN. for the two pr conversion. It ain't rocket science .
At least if we had run up the middle and lost on 2 rushing attempts, it'd just be Duke winning at the line with a superhuman effort.

This was just a bad decision, no reason to get cute when Porter was gashing them at will in OT.

If Lujan wanted Wright to run on third and one call a sneak.
Wright has been touted as a runner but he has no strength at all and for a fast guy he gets easily caught behind the line more often than not. Either he can’t get up to speed quickly or he’s not actually fast.

My advice? (Joking, of course.)

The coaches need to get together in a room and chant “Big Ten” over and over like a mantra until they absorb the truth that, if you don’t think you can gain one yard in two tries with your power run game, you’re not playing in the right conference.

Gadget usually equals bad this season. Trust your big guys. Trust your back. Break Duke’s will.

Oh well.

Last edited:
Reactions: CatManTrue
The defense is stellar. The offense needs a lot of work. I’m not bailing on Braun or Lujan yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT