ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Duke vs. Northwestern

The Wildcat special teams are so good this season. Very aggressive.

MAJOR punt block. Braun is a hell of a head coach.

THANK YOU Robert Fitzgerald & Jeffr Genyk!

MAJOR punt block. Braun is a hell of a head coach.

THANK YOU Robert Fitzgerald & Jeffr Genyk!
That field goal off the upright is NOT COACH GENYK’s fault.

It is the wind.

Also, I think he got fired last season. But he spent years coaching up these special teams - Braun should have kept him unless there was concern over the hazing allegations.

Duke is getting a lot of pressure on Wright, which is definitely not helping his passing.

That’s a “three points at a minimum” punt block. Missed by “the milkman” that the WLP love so much.

Defense and special teams are putting in so much work right now. Need to get points.

C'mon the D stymies them and ST blocks a punt and we can't even get 3? If the offense doesn't get into a groove before B1G play, we are in a deep world of hurt. Indiana is looking like a machine on offense, and Maryland has a great QB with weapons to throw to. We have the receivers, but not sure about Wright thus far. Why can't NU recruit a great QB? Answer is we have an old school style offense.

Is Porter hurt? Our offense really stinks tonight!

C'mon the D stymies them and ST blocks a punt and we can't even get 3? If the offense doesn't get into a groove before B1G play, we are in a deep world of hurt. Indiana is looking like a machine on offense, and Maryland has a great QB with weapons to throw to. We have the receivers, but not sure about Wright thus far. Why can't NU recruit a great QB? Answer is we have an old school style offense.
You may not like it, but this is the legacy of Fitz. He left us no real skill players, no OL, and a revolving door at QB.

Reactions: Jaguar 88
Duke going to the running QB Belin which has been our kryptonite in years past.

Defense has done about all it can at 10-10. Offense is going to have to put up something.

Reactions: BFDCat
Duke has 2 RBs left and is now down to their 3rd MLB.

Wild game.

Hey, can anyone there share a photo of the Duke coach’s hair line? He looks like our buddy Timmy Doyle

Reactions: SimpsonElmwood
You may not like it, but this is the legacy of Fitz. He left us no real skill players, no OL, and a revolving door at QB.
I agree with you. The problem is that Fitz stuck with an archaic offensive philosophy and just hung the D out to dry and win the games, but that hasn't really worked for over 4 decades, unless you are OSU, Michigan, Bama, etc. I was hoping Braun and Lujan would dial up something akin to Walker ball, or something a bit more wide open to attract better QBs and Wrs. I think we do have some good talent at Wr, but if Wright is really the best QB, it will be very hard to get to a bowl. Last week I stated that we would make a bowl if we go 3-0, but am not so sure now. Hell, we might lose tonight!

Ozzie Nicholas, LB for Duke looks like he may be out which may help us. Just saw he is from Encinitas, CA, just up the 101 from my place in Del Mar. Some excellent restaurants in that area if you are ever in town to visit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT