ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread: Maryland vs. Northwestern

We are watching a QB finally getting a couple of games of experience, gaining confidence and settling into the job. Say hi to NU’s new starting QB, Brendan Sullivan. This should have happened first game of the 2022 season but I guess it’s better late than never.
He also has much more time in a pocket and when he does he's throwing some fabulous passes including longer ones

I thought he was going to fade out of field goal range and was having a conniption fit.

I know it's obvious, but Sullivan and the offense plays so much better when they have 3rd-and-3 instead of 3rd-and-12. He's just looked more confident overall, and it's because he realizes he doesn't have to make up for the big losses on first and second down all at once (though I think the TD to Kirtz was on a 2nd-and-14). He just seems to be more decisive today.

Third and long, this is not a good recipe for a sustained drive..I would like to see Bajakian out scheme Maryland. Can our guys build on what we have seen and attack weaknesses?

Third and long, this is not a good recipe for a sustained drive..I would like to see Bajakian out scheme Maryland. Can our guys build on what we have seen and attack weaknesses?
Your assuming he knows how to adjust and depart from his original format.

It’ll have to be short passes, or improvement from the OL. The RBs have been pretty ineffective. (Combined 11 carries for 31 yards as I write.)

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
Yes, I am assuming he knows how because he is an offensive coordinator...of a Division One team!!! If he can't well...perhaps he can't...I want to believe he can...
He hasn't given me much evidence but I'm not very qualified to judge.

Sullivan back to his old habits.
LOL, I am continuously amazed at how clueless some of you guys are about football. You might as well listen to the radio because you have no idea what you are watching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT