ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern at Washington

that was at least the 4th pass dropped, bobbled and or bungled....wtf...there are two players to me that look like they just dont like to be physical Johnson is one and 25 is the other. and you cant tell me we could not have used a bunch of the portal transfers we lost like Tyus and Heard and Hollis and Proebe.......

Bench all the 2 deep WRs and TEs next week. Unbelievable blunder by CJII, his second drop. Kirtz at least 2 drops, Gordon, Lang, even Henning.

Just shocking how complete the ineptitude. It should be less than a TD game at this point.

We look like a bad mac team on offense
That is an insult to MAC teams!!! My alma mater has 2 quarterbacks that are better than both Wright and Lausch. Plus EMU has a stud receiver in Oran Singleton. He knows how to catch!!!! The Cats are in a world of hurt unless they can pull it together fast!!!!

He didn't help himself either, but yeah the offense was horrible in all facets of the game. The coaching was suspect as well. Not looking like it will be a fun season at all.
Of course many on this board, including you, thought the same thing before the Minnesota game last year. But I know for you and others the game thread is a place to for woe is me.

This is a great time for the bye week to fall. The Cats desperately need to get some of the injured guys back.

At least we have that hope. The Indiana effort could be considerably better than this one.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
This is a great time for the bye week to fall. The Cats desperately need to get some of the injured guys back.

At least we have that hope. The Indiana effort could be considerably better than this one.
Lausch has 2 weeks to prepare for IU under the esteemed coaching of Lujan. So, we have that going for us.

• Haha
Reactions: DaCat
He didn't help himself either, but yeah the offense was horrible in all facets of the game. The coaching was suspect as well. Not looking like it will be a fun season at all.
Of course many on this board, including you, thought the same thing before the Minnesota game last year. But I know for you and others the game thread is a place to for woe is me.
Just stating the obvious at this point. Until we get healthy and regain some rhythm on offense, it is not going to be a fun season. All of our future opponents are playing on a high consistent level, with maybe the exception of Purdue and maybe Wisconsin. Both Indiana and Maryland look solid, both with very good Qbs at the helm, with a supporting cast that gets the job done. In fact, if we don't get our offense back on track, I can see the Hoosiers really sticking it to us. We also have to find a QB that can step up and play at least consistently. If Bryant was still around things might be a bit different, but we don't have a bona fide QB thus far. Unless one of our QBs can settle down and take command of the offense we won't be bowling this season.

Defense still looks solid. Was a winnable game from the perspective of how the defense played.

Offense needs a lot of work all around.

Also, I don't think you can extrapolate this offensive performance to the rest of the season. A lot of the offensive problems are things that I don't think repeat every game. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think we go 2-10 this year.

My last post and then I'm done for the night. Our administration has to understand that athletes at this level aren't students anymore. We either are going to have a program at this level and make the necessary changes to admitting athletes or we should just drop football.
What are you talking about? The same STUDENT-athletes won 8 games last year including the bowl. The difference is we have incompetence playing QB this season, it appears.

He won games with Fitz players. His recruiting stinks and he hired a dud OC and completely botched the QB position in the off-season.

Hes not a Big Ten quality head coach and the Cats need to replace him ASAP.
Fitz’s players won a grand total of 4 games for 2 years in a row so give me a break. 51 also left us with no real QBs since Thorson. Braun gets this season and next before I’m giving up on him. Absurd.

Well it seems we could’ve used Tyus tonight. And not at LB either. Not that it would’ve made up for Lausch’s inexperience or the drops by the receivers.

Reactions: phatcat
What are you talking about? The same STUDENT-athletes won 8 games last year including the bowl. The difference is we have incompetence playing QB this season, it appears.
There will be a low ceiling for success if we don't lower the academic standards, etc is his point. To be honest he is right. We won't be able to be truly competitive if NU doesn't loosen the academic standards at some point. Going 7-6 every season is only going to bring in the 3 star recruits, that for the bigger programs are just backups or even benchwarmers. Did you like what you witnessed tonight? Because that is what the future will be in the long run for the program
Fitz’s players won a grand total of 4 games for 2 years in a row so give me a break. 51 also left us with no real QBs since Thorson. Braun gets this season and next before I’m giving up on him. Absurd.
Yeah, the guy took over a disaster of a program with not much talent overall and got us to a bowl game, and won it!!! I would give him til '26 and maybe a season beyond that til I start really questioning him. Yeah, I will bitch and moan like I always do, but this program was abandoned. Fitz really left the program in shambles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT