ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread

Since the first drive of the game, Stanford has lost yardage on 6 of 12 plays since. 12 plays for 23 yards. Only 1 1st down on 3 drives. 2 3 and outs. I am liking this D.

If Thorson can run the option, that may be the best way in his first start

Thorson fast? Apparently. Okay, good, offense is coming together to match defense. Now sustain!

Once Thorson gets more comfortable with the passing game and McCall starts incorporating the roll out - the O is going to be good (could be very good w/ better O-line).

Helps Thorson playing an inexperienced D.

Five minutes into the game and I have to be subjected to TURK!???!!!!???

Never thought a game would be disrupted by continual high snaps

CJ despite not being all the way back health-wise is making his presence felt.

Up 7 at the half. And receiving to begin the 2nd. I'll take it.

Offense seems to move some. Defense is STOUT. I'm liking it.

Nice to see our clock management is as bad as always. Come on man...are you allergic to points?

10-3 at halftime. I'll take it. All in all a great start for the Cats.

Nice to see our clock management is as bad as always. Come on man...are you allergic to points?

Take the 7 point lead the locker room, and we get the 2nd half kickoff. Thorson has thrown 3-4 balls that could have been picked. A turnover there turns the whole game around.

Well, that's how you play Hogan - pressure, pressure, pressure (he does not look comfortable back there).

Kind of balances the limited and shaky NU passing game (Thorson's been really fortunate on some of those passes).

Relegated to the WGN stream. It sounds like we're holding our own on the lines...is that right?

Relegated to the WGN stream. It sounds like we're holding our own on the lines...is that right?
Yeah, pretty much. North has been snapping very high almost every long snap and it has messed up the timing but he went off hurt which is probably worse.
Defense has been putting on a lot of pressure especially Lowery on the lie

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT