ADVERTISEMENT

Game time zoom

I will try to set up the Zoom game watch and send out the links each week. The problem is that I will be at the home games. Therefore, i am working on finding someone else to log into my account as host in order to start the meetings, at least for the home games. For the away games, I will initiate the meetings myself, just as I did last year. I look forward to seeing all of you again.

Note that I will use my mailing list from last year to send out the links. If your email has changed, contact me at rlb2357@yahoo.com.

I will try to set up the Zoom game watch and send out the links each week. The problem is that I will be at the home games. Therefore, i am working on finding someone else to log into my account as host in order to start the meetings, at least for the home games. For the away games, I will initiate the meetings myself, just as I did last year. I look forward to seeing all of you again.

Note that I will use my mailing list from last year to send out the links. If your email has changed, contact me at rlb2357@yahoo.com.
So every week Styre posts his schedule, I pin it to the top.I’ leave it up until the last game is played and then unpin. If you did a similar post every week with zoom information may be a couple of days before the game to give people time to plan, I could pin it to the top and it would remain up until after the game just in case someone wants to join in the middle

Reactions: cat inkansas
Just wondering if Astrocat is going to continue hosting a Zoom for we Cat fans who still can't go to games due to distance or medical reasons, like organ transplant. If so, I'm in.
Now do you see what happens when you put an Astro alert on the free board, he comes running, we have him well trained

Furthermore I’m trying to train Astro and Styre To report their own posts with the schedule so that I will see it sooner, but so far I have not been successful. How does one teach old dogs new tricks

Hi Florida. That seems like a good idea. I will send you the Zoom link ahead of time to pin. Last year I was reluctant to post the Zoom link publicly because I was worried that some unfriendly fans of other teams might try crash the meeting. This year we will try your suggestion and see how it goes. If there is a problem, then we can always go back to the old method.

Hi Florida. That seems like a good idea. I will send you the Zoom link ahead of time to pin. Last year I was reluctant to post the Zoom link publicly because I was worried that some unfriendly fans of other teams might try crash the meeting. This year we will try your suggestion and see how it goes. If there is a problem, then we can always go back to the old method.
Hi, dude. If I was unclear, don’t send me the link. Post like you normally would with the information and the link included in your post. Then report your post so that I will see it more quickly. I will then pin your post to the top of the board.Is that more clear?How’s the wife?
See how Styres post is pinned at the top of the board with football schedules

Since AstroCat has raised his head, does anyone want an AstroCat story?

Reactions: mountaindrew
Hi, dude. If I was unclear, don’t send me the link. Post like you normally would with the information and the link included in your post. Then report your post so that I will see it more quickly. I will then pin your post to the top of the board.Is that more clear?How’s the wife?
See how Styres post is pinned at the top of the board with football schedules

Since AstroCat has raised his head, does anyone want an AstroCat story?
WR Catsfans want to know. Spill the tale, please.

WR Catsfans want to know. Spill the tale, please.
Well, since you asked so nicely, it’s really not my best story but I have quite a few that are considerably worse. So it’s 2003 and I plan my first Purple PartyBefore I started calling them that. I had organized two small get together’s in 2002 at air force and 2003 early at Kansas, but they were just like 10 to 15 people getting together for a dutch treat. In 2003, Alan Smithee And I decided to try to organize a post game gathering of board people,We got a private room at merles Barbecue which does not exist anymore in downtown Evanston because the original go cats go who now posts under back door pass worked there and knew the owner.It worked out pretty well and we had about 45 people. Just a couple of days before the party I had this crazy idea to have door prizes, called Cindy and Dave at let’s tailgate,Hey would you guys like to donate some door prizes, went by the store and picked up about a dozen items. My favorite was a purple and white role of special Willie the wildcat toilet paper. I was quite surprised that a bunch of grown people Really got a kick out of the door prizes.
So the way I understand it, Astro was dating this very nice lady who had never associated with wild cat fans,He sounded a little concerned about how that might go, and I think it might have been her very first wildcat football game, but he brought her to the post game barbecue party.. Well the good Lord works in mysterious ways, and of course Astros girlfriend, at her first gathering of northwestern fans, won. a door prize. I don’t think I can claim any credit, might not have helped but it certainly didn’t hurt any, because she eventually married him and I think has attended many many wildcat games after that. I promise you that the raffle was not rigged. Mrs. Astro won fair and square

Reactions: mountaindrew
Well, since you asked so nicely, it’s really not my best story but I have quite a few that are considerably worse. So it’s 2003 and I plan my first Purple PartyBefore I started calling them that. I had organized two small get together’s in 2002 at air force and 2003 early at Kansas, but they were just like 10 to 15 people getting together for a dutch treat. In 2003, Alan Smithee And I decided to try to organize a post game gathering of board people,We got a private room at merles Barbecue which does not exist anymore in downtown Evanston because the original go cats go who now posts under back door pass worked there and knew the owner.It worked out pretty well and we had about 45 people. Just a couple of days before the party I had this crazy idea to have door prizes, called Cindy and Dave at let’s tailgate,Hey would you guys like to donate some door prizes, went by the store and picked up about a dozen items. My favorite was a purple and white role of special Willie the wildcat toilet paper. I was quite surprised that a bunch of grown people Really got a kick out of the door prizes.
So the way I understand it, Astro was dating this very nice lady who had never associated with wild cat fans,He sounded a little concerned about how that might go, and I think it might have been her very first wildcat football game, but he brought her to the post game barbecue party.. Well the good Lord works in mysterious ways, and of course Astros girlfriend, at her first gathering of northwestern fans, won. a door prize. I don’t think I can claim any credit, might not have helped but it certainly didn’t hurt any, because she eventually married him and I think has attended many many wildcat games after that. I promise you that the raffle was not rigged. Mrs. Astro won fair and square
My wife and I attended the party before the Kansas and got to meet a lot of posters for the first time. Then headed over to the game a sat though pouring rain throughout. It was a hell of a drive getting back to Kansas City, with lots of water overflowing the roads and then went to eat at a place that had sandbags all over their front entrance. All in all it was a entertaining experience and have attended numerous "Purple Parties" since . Thanks Florida!

Reactions: FloridAlum
I am amazed at FloridAlum's memory. That was a great event.

Also, to FloridAlum, if I post the Zoom link early in the week, do I need to report that to you or will you be watching for it?

I am amazed at FloridAlum's memory. That was a great event.

Also, to FloridAlum, if I post the Zoom link early in the week, do I need to report that to you or will you be watching for it?
I will watch for it. If you post early in the week I will most likely see it. If you report it, I will definitely see it

And how do I report it? Is there some feature of the message board for doing that?

And how do I report it? Is there some feature of the message board for doing that?
Look at the bottom of the post you just made. Don’t you see a few things that say like report, edit, delete, etc. so you go to the post in question, in this case the one you make yourself and you click on where it says report at the bottom of the post. Do you see it or not, because my screen looks a little different than yours?

Aha! Now I know what button you are referring to. I thought that button was to report inappropriate content. So, it can be used for this purpose?

Aha! Now I know what button you are referring to. I thought that button was to report inappropriate content. So, it can be used for this purpose?
It can be to report anything to a moderater.When you hit report a little light lights up on the top of my screen so that I can see it very quickly. For example if you accidentally post something on the wrong board and you want it moved to a different board, click report and say move my post

Thank you. I now have a better understanding of how the message board works.
You always were very teachable. Also make sure the title of your post is very clear, like Game time zoom like you did this time. You really have to spell things out for these people. Don’t make them think too hard
Look at what Styre does. He has it down to a science

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT