ADVERTISEMENT

Game Watching In Houston

UT Big Daddy

Sep 10, 2001
What is the best way to watch Northwestern basketball from Houston? I presume the Big 10 network is good for a number of games, but what about those not shown on the network? I would like to be able to closely follow Miller Kopp. He is going to be a great one.

What is the best way to watch Northwestern basketball from Houston? I presume the Big 10 network is good for a number of games, but what about those not shown on the network? I would like to be able to closely follow Miller Kopp. He is going to be a great one.
All Big 10 games are either on the Big Ten Network or ESPN/CBS. Early season non-conference home games not on BTN are on a pay site called BTN Plus, which you can get for $9.95 a month, which I recommend you getting. Should not be hard to follow Miller, who looks like a beast of a young man!

All Big 10 games are either on the Big Ten Network or ESPN/CBS. Early season non-conference home games not on BTN are on a pay site called BTN Plus, which you can get for $9.95 a month, which I recommend you getting. Should not be hard to follow Miller, who looks like a beast of a young man!
Thank you!

I'll google it, but is BTN plus available through a smart TV app? Or, do I need to watch via a web browser?

Thank you!

I'll google it, but is BTN plus available through a smart TV app? Or, do I need to watch via a web browser?
Don't know about the smart TV app. I either use my iPhone if I'm away from home or chromecast to my TV from my Macbook.

You can also watch BTN games on demand after they air if you miss one live.

Beware that Comcast either already has or is planning to drop the BTN here. I don't have Comcast, but bad news for people who do. The BTN is great, and as discussed above, almost all the NU basketball and football games are televised on some channel here. I don't watch the BTN Plus games because they're usually blowouts against bad teams, so not worth the cost and time (at least for me).

Go Cats!

Big Daddy, there's a small bar with large screens in the Spring Branch area called The Americana that's run by an NU fan (and musician) named Mark Zeus. It's attracted gatherings of various sizes in the past couple of years for Wildcat football game parties. The Americana isn't primarily a restaurant but it has food offerings and also welcomes kids.

Mark hasn't focused much on NU hoops previously but is willing to consider doing so if there's enough demand. If you might be interested, and especially if you know other Kopp fans who are, I'll put you in touch with Mark. Drop me a line at bpogue2010 at yahoo.com if you wish.

Reactions: NU Houston
Don't know about the smart TV app. I either use my iPhone if I'm away from home or chromecast to my TV from my Macbook.

You can also watch BTN games on demand after they air if you miss one live.
Yes, you can watch the BTN+ games through the BTN 2 Go app. What Fitzphile does (I assume) and what I typically do is just buy it for the ~1 month per year when the non-con games are happening. When purchasing, you can select the non auto renew option, so it's just the $10 basically.

Yes, you can watch the BTN+ games through the BTN 2 Go app. What Fitzphile does (I assume) and what I typically do is just buy it for the ~1 month per year when the non-con games are happening. When purchasing, you can select the non auto renew option, so it's just the $10 basically.
Exactly what I do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT