ADVERTISEMENT

Go Huskies1

Oops, one too many dinky sideline screen passes, Huskies. 17-7.
That was a very well executed play by the Bama defense. The middle linebacker blitzed untouched, and the DE kicked out to pick up the RB screen. The QB floated the screen pass, which was an easy pick six.

I don't like Bama, but they're fun to watch.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
That was a very well executed play by the Bama defense. The middle linebacker blitzed untouched, and the DE kicked out to pick up the RB screen. The QB floated the screen pass, which was an easy pick six.

I don't like Bama, but they're fun to watch.
When you have NFL caliber athletes you can run NFL coverage and blitz schemes.

Reactions: NU Houston
What makes Alabama so great isn't just that they have NFL talent, but there is such a depth of it at every position that whomever ends up starting or playing is the cream that rose from the cream. And they have to stay that way or someone will take their spot. Maybe USC had that for a few years but even OSU isn't there at the same level yet.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
This game is boring compared to most of the so-called "meaningless" bowl games all the playoff fans want to see go away in favor of some NFL like format. Four teams are fine but give me the joy of some of these other matchups we've seen (including the Cats, of course!)

This game is boring compared to most of the so-called "meaningless" bowl games all the playoff fans want to see go away in favor of some NFL like format. Four teams are fine but give me the joy of some of these other matchups we've seen (including the Cats, of course!)
With Peppers sitting out last night with a fake injury (I'm speculating) and Butt popping a xCL and crushing his draft position and earning potential, we're only headed towards more players sitting out even the NY6 games.

The solution will be a larger tournament and every projected top three round pick sitting out their bowl game. (Even the tournament games.)

Last edited:
With Peppers sitting out last night with a fake injury (I'm speculating) and Butt popping a xCL and crushing his draft position and earning potential, we're only headed towards more players sitting out even the NY6 games.

The solution will be a larger tournament and every project top three pick sitting out their bowl game. (Even the tournament games.)
hey why not just go to 16,32 or even a 64 team playoff. Then if all the top NFL projected guys sit out, NU might get into the "final" playoffs.

Teddy had a great column about this on Thursday quoting Dabo Swinney being very much opposed to expanding the playoff field. Reasons included cheapening the regular season and the great reward bowl games are for players. So what if a few guys want to sit out. Michigan-FSU was a great game w/o Peppers in it. LSU didn't miss a beat w/o Fournette and Stanford-UNC was exciting without McCaffrey suiting up.

Reactions: willycat
Teddy had a great column about this on Thursday quoting Dabo Swinney being very much opposed to expanding the playoff field. Reasons included cheapening the regular season and the great reward bowl games are for players. So what if a few guys want to sit out. Michigan-FSU was a great game w/o Peppers in it. LSU didn't miss a beat w/o Fournette and Stanford-UNC was exciting without McCaffrey suiting up.

Things tend to evolve. If big name guys sitting out becomes problematic in some way teams will make adjustments. I think I'll do a thread about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT