ADVERTISEMENT

Golf update

DocCatsFan

Oct 26, 2006
Well we all know that Luke just finished probably the most disappointing year of his PGA career. He's done with the FedEx playoffs and was snubbed from the Ryder Cup team (not sure I blame them although Westwood could be argued was a worse pick).

Meanwhile, David Lipsky is doing fantastic on the European tour. He is playing his 4th event in a row, having made the cut in the last 3. He is looking good in Switzerland just 4 strokes back after shooting a bogey-free 67. David is now 4th in scoring average on the European Tour and his world ranking has climbed several hundred spots. I love that he is still working with Pat Goss (saw David at the Glen Club getting ready to practice with him while I was having a lesson with Pat).

Matt Fitzpatrick, on the other hand, is in rough shape this week. He is playing in one of his exemption invites but shot +3 and is about 127th in the tournament. He'll have to turn it around tomorrow. Matt might end up in the unenviable position of having to go through Q school to find a place on tour if he doesn't really start finishing higher in these sponsor exemptions events. It's easy to second guess him-- he probably really could have benefited from some more college experience if he was able to juggle the golf and the school work

Also, Chris Wilson is in the Web.com finals. That event just started.

Love the updates! I am playing in the Illinois Senior Open on Monday and Tuesday with another NU guy,Mark Smolens. I am just hoping to shoot two 82's for the two days. I shot a 41 on Wednesday at Naperbrook with a penalty stroke but really struggled with my driver last week. I had to change my swing last month and literally pitch all my shots except three wood and driver to deal with a chronic hip problem.

David is looking absolutely studly at the European Masters. He's in 4th after round 2 shooting 67-64. He's beating some of the top ranked players in the world and Ryder Cup players.

Eric Chun is not playing golf at the moment and is about to serve his Korean army obligation. Not sure how long that is but I think a couple of years. He has been doing some volunteer mission work in Asia over the past several months.

Sam Chien is third on the money list on the China tour. He is tied for 26th after three rounds in this weeks tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT