ADVERTISEMENT

Grad transfers

PZAZ

Jul 5, 2014
So with all the possible transfers, who are we really likely to be considering?
My thinking, based on not much, is one big and one shooting guard, depending on whether Smith or Moore or anyone else decides to do.
Who are the likely grad 5-10 candidates? Can anyone with more expertise list them?

I'd noticed this "Grad Transfer" post during my visit the other day.

Yesterday current Zag and former Northwestern recruit Bryan Alberts announced he is transferring. He is graduating in 3 years and will have 2 years to play at his new school. Alberts was injured much of his senior year in high school and he redshirted his freshman year at Gonzaga. The last 2 seasons he's been very good on the floor. In the summers, he's been the leading scorer the past 2 years for the Dutch National U20 team (although he's from California his father and grand parents are Dutch).

Shortly after his transfer was announced his AAU coach said he has heard from 30 schools.

6' 5" and can play all three guard/wing positions but was buried. Last year after Karnowski went down, GU went to a 6 man rotation and with only two bigs (Sabonis and Wiltjer) Alberts periodically had to play the 4.

Here's a copy/pasted recap of the kid from a guboard "insider"
----
A 4* level recruit, who is vastly underrated athletically.

Never got to show his "stuff" because he played a role and was a tremendous teammate.

He will be a starter & scorer whomever he plays for...

A potential 40+% 3pt shooter, & BA can fly. He was also leading scorer for his Dutch team last 2 years.

If Alberts is given a green light, watch out.

Not a coincidence he looked good and made tough shots in garbage mins last season, & hit big shots his Frosh season. A little too tentative on the court, but rarely makes mistakes. This transfer could light a fire.

The sentiment by teammates is he's a baller in practice. He can play at a high lvl at this lvl. A reason we were so good were guys like Alberts on the scout team, he wreaked havoc.

He deserves this...and be sure to follow him, because if he chooses a good fit, he could turn into a big time player. Don't forget, he can play 3 guard positions, and is a legit 6'5", with terrific athleticism and touch.

Timing is everything. Any other time & he is a regular rotation player.

I hope he shoots for the stars, I think he's capable of playing & starting for a Pac 12 school."

Here's a link to an older recruiting article that specifically mentions Wisconsin, Northwestern and Washington. It isn't a "Rivals.com" article so I hope I'm not breaking any rules by linking it .... Good luck to the 'Cats.
http://www.scout.com/college/basket...61-junior-season-going-well-for-alberts?s=147

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
I'd noticed this "Grad Transfer" post during my visit the other day.

Yesterday current Zag and former Northwestern recruit Bryan Alberts announced he is transferring. He is graduating in 3 years and will have 2 years to play at his new school. Alberts was injured much of his senior year in high school and he redshirted his freshman year at Gonzaga. The last 2 seasons he's been very good on the floor. In the summers, he's been the leading scorer the past 2 years for the Dutch National U20 team (although he's from California his father and grand parents are Dutch).

Shortly after his transfer was announced his AAU coach said he has heard from 30 schools.

6' 5" and can play all three guard/wing positions but was buried. Last year after Karnowski went down, GU went to a 6 man rotation and with only two bigs (Sabonis and Wiltjer) Alberts periodically had to play the 4.

Here's a copy/pasted recap of the kid from a guboard "insider"
----
A 4* level recruit, who is vastly underrated athletically.

Never got to show his "stuff" because he played a role and was a tremendous teammate.

He will be a starter & scorer whomever he plays for...

A potential 40+% 3pt shooter, & BA can fly. He was also leading scorer for his Dutch team last 2 years.

If Alberts is given a green light, watch out.

Not a coincidence he looked good and made tough shots in garbage mins last season, & hit big shots his Frosh season. A little too tentative on the court, but rarely makes mistakes. This transfer could light a fire.

The sentiment by teammates is he's a baller in practice. He can play at a high lvl at this lvl. A reason we were so good were guys like Alberts on the scout team, he wreaked havoc.

He deserves this...and be sure to follow him, because if he chooses a good fit, he could turn into a big time player. Don't forget, he can play 3 guard positions, and is a legit 6'5", with terrific athleticism and touch.

Timing is everything. Any other time & he is a regular rotation player.

I hope he shoots for the stars, I think he's capable of playing & starting for a Pac 12 school."

Here's a link to an older recruiting article that specifically mentions Wisconsin, Northwestern and Washington. It isn't a "Rivals.com" article so I hope I'm not breaking any rules by linking it .... Good luck to the 'Cats.
http://www.scout.com/college/basket...61-junior-season-going-well-for-alberts?s=147

Seems like an interesting name, though wonder if he will want to stay on the west coast.

Seems like an interesting name, though wonder if he will want to stay on the west coast.

Basketball and playing time are very important, but I've heard he's also serious about his Masters and wants to go to a "good" school. He's getting a degree in Economics in 3 years (plus summer school).

There aren't many schools at NW's level so unless Stanford, Cal or UCLA come calling I'd think Northwestern would be in the picture.

Reactions: MotownMedilldo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT