ADVERTISEMENT

Grant Mullins-Columbia transfer?

Nobody really knows anything about this situation because, for some strange reason, none of our Rivals staff will pick up the phone and call Collins, Vasser or the NU athletic department to ask a couple of pretty simple questions. Why not mystifies me.

Bet you a nickel, if pinned down, Lou would admit to knowing more but that he cannot discuss without risking connections that he will not risk. Hey Lou - am i warm?

Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen this story before. To me, Collins answers all the questions with these comments:

"Scholarships are four-year scholarships now," Collins said. "So as long as [Vassar] wants to be a student here, we made that commitment to him. So the ball is in his court.

"But he wants to still play," Collins said. "So it's not like he's definitely going to be here the whole time. It's just he didn't get what he was looking for, and he's looking for the right spot. He could leave at [the end of the] quarter, he could leave at the end of the year, he could leave next [year.]"

But, Collins said, "if he were wanting to stay here, he could stay."

The rest is up to Vassar -- whether he finds another situation more to his liking, or he chooses to stay at NU and get a great education. So as a reporter, I'd call Vassar and ask him, "Are you staying at NU, or are you still looking to transfer?" Pretty straightforward question, and I'd have no idea why he wouldn't answer it.

I would also ask if wants to be back on the NU squad.

The kid scored 22 points against NU last year, so I think he can play a little..........

Never said he couldn't.

Probably would be a better suited for a starting role in a Princeton-esque system like Michigan, but would certainly add value to next year's NU squad as well.

Yep, just like us. For selfish reasons, I'd like to see Vassar find a good fit at another university. The 'Cats really need a grad transfer to solidify the 2016-17 roster.[/QUOT
Yep, just like us. For selfish reasons, I'd like to see Vassar find a good fit at another university. The 'Cats really need a grad transfer to solidify the 2016-17 roster.
Hey, maybe Vassar could graduate early, like 2016.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT