ADVERTISEMENT

Grapplers Disappointment at B1G tournament

What happened??! Are they all sick? Awful showing.
We rebounded this evening! Seven guys automatically qualified for nationals! Unfortunately,Troy Fisher got hurt when wrestling the two time wrestling 🤼‍♀️ national champion!

Not sure what you’re thinking about?
Really only one surprising result, at 149, and he’s still going in wrestle backs.
As Wrassler said, 7 out of 10 are still going and one other was injured.
This team didn’t have a lot of real high seeds, overall they are doing a pretty solid job.

Well, I would still like to know what happened. Too many upsets today.
Not sure i agree with your take. The Big Ten is just as competitive as nationals for the most part. Only upsets in my mind were Davison at HWT and Thomas, but both still can wrestle back for third. The fact that all but two are still wrestling is good, big ten is crazy tough…

Reactions: Titanium999
Well, I would still like to know what happened. Too many upsets today.
It is all about qualifying for NCAA and not so much losing a match or two as others much wiser have tried to explain to you. It is a simple as that. Nothing to explain to you. Both Davidson and Thomas lost close matches.

Well, maybe I was unrealistic in my expectations, but in addition to 149 l was expecting our HWT to achieve the semis. I was also hoping that one or two others would pull an upset— 133 eg

Not sure what you’re thinking about?
Really only one surprising result, at 149, and he’s still going in wrestle backs.
As Wrassler said, 7 out of 10 are still going and one other was injured.
This team didn’t have a lot of real high seeds, overall they are doing a pretty solid job.
We wrestled tough! Yayha got hurt! Mike Deaugustino beat two top five guys! Cannon beat a couple studs including the #2 seed! Franki at 41 was only down 1-0 against the # 2 guy in the country! Chumbley beat three top seeded guys including the tough Iowa kid and top 5 in the country kid from Purdue! Mayfield took fifth and beat a couple solid guys! Troy Fisher got hurt wrestling the two time NCAA champion! Andrew Davison qualified for nationals with two wins in the qualifying tournament. Lucas Davison lost in OT to three time AA from Iowa who is ranked third in the nation.
Thomas at 49 lost in OT to the kid from Minnesota who lost the BT title in OT!

Reactions: Bwm57
Debacle? We qualified 8 out of 10 for NCAAs. With a shot possibly at picking up a WC maybe?

Yeah—debacle wrong word. Let’s go with disappointment. After the dual season and earlier tournament results, I was hoping for a better showing in the B1G tourney. Let’s see how the Nationals go.
Thomas got a concussion! He almost was in the finals! He lost in overtime to the kid who almost won 🥇 BTs

Wow, 1 match away from 10/10 for a second straight year. We don't really have that 1 national champ contender we've always seemed to have, but the overall depth of the program has never been better.

Wow, 1 match away from 10/10 for a second straight year. We don't really have that 1 national champ contender we've always seemed to have, but the overall depth of the program has never been better.
Our best guys are seniors! Gonna be tough to replicate this feat next year!

Our best guys are seniors! Gonna be tough to replicate this feat next year!
Hey Wrassler - my understanding is that only Thomas and A. Davison have to leave after this year, and that DeAugustino and L. Davison can come back. Is that not accurate?

Also, brutal seedings and draws for the Cats tonight.

Hey Wrassler - my understanding is that only Thomas and A. Davison have to leave after this year, and that DeAugustino and L. Davison can come back. Is that not accurate?

Also, brutal seedings and draws for the Cats tonight.
Not sure! I hope they come back! Great kids!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT