ADVERTISEMENT

Greenstein Practice Observations

Surprising but not impossible to my thinking and it would be a really good sign for NU. Nagel is pretty good, I'm a fan but Lees was a QB with a lot of athlete talent. I could see him making a more dramatic improvement at WR year to year than Nagel. We have had some great success with converted QBs Ebert to name one.
Bates, to name another...

Surprising but not impossible to my thinking and it would be a really good sign for NU. Nagel is pretty good, I'm a fan but Lees was a QB with a lot of athlete talent. I could see him making a more dramatic improvement at WR year to year than Nagel. We have had some great success with converted QBs Ebert to name one.
In Clayton's interview with the BTN guys he spoke about Nagel, Skowronek, and Cam Green. Still, I don't read much into it, any one of those 3 plus Lees could end up leading us in catches.

If I had to guess, I'd say Skowronek, then Nagel, then Less, then Green, but I could see them all getting 40+ catches. Last year we had Skowronek with 45, Nagel 48, Macan 32, G-Dick 37, JJ 44, Lees 18 (listed in order of yardage). Think we can improve upon our passing #s from last year. Hopefully Lees can stay healthy.

We have a long track record of high profile transfers who we expect to be stars who just don't pan out. Not saying that will happen here, but I've stopped assuming that a high profile transfer will instantly be a hit for us - except for Hunter J. I've fallen into that trap completely and expect him to win the Heisman.
Well, Zak was good and Prater eventually became good, but yeah, we wait at the altar a bit

Me too. His Mom said earlier this summer he was doing well with his rehab and added some needed pounds of muscle.

Jalen is still not back to 100% and is still in injury/rehab protocol - he also won't be quite 11 months removed from his surgery as of game 1 (his injuries a little longer recovery time than just an ACL). So, it is more likely he will be ready to go closer to game 3 or 4, although he had hoped to be ready a little sooner than that. But, no need to rush since there will still be a lot of football left for him.

Jalen is still not back to 100% and is still in injury/rehab protocol - he also won't be quite 11 months removed from his surgery as of game 1 (his injuries a little longer recovery time than just an ACL). So, it is more likely he will be ready to go closer to game 3 or 4, although he had hoped to be ready a little sooner than that. But, no need to rush since there will still be a lot of football left for him.
I can’t wait to see him back on the field. We need him to blow the top off of defenses!

Thanks for the update. There are a lot of us who are rooting for him.

Interesting note on TJ Green winning the backup job.

Not surprised.

Too much is made of a QB being 6'5" and having a big arm when knowledge of the playbook, being able to read defenses/processing ability and accuracy are more important.

Despite being a walk-on, always thought TJ had a shot being the son of an NFL QB (so had a lifetime of being coached the intricacies of playing the position properly).

So is Nate Hall human? He's a firm #1 after a knee injury. Beastly dude.

So is Nate Hall human? He's a firm #1 after a knee injury. Beastly dude.
He's awesome. Not a huge fan of the InsideNU writers generally, but one of them wrote a nice story on his path through the last few years, including the recent recovery.

I don't know that he's saying Anderson is a contender for playing time, but that he'll push the #2 and #3 guys. Given that we took two RBs last year, it would only make sense to have at least one of them redshirt and Bowser seems more physically ready. Anderson would have to be sufficiently better than Brown (a little odd that he didn't get any mention) right now to merit giving up a fifth year down the line.

Of course the four-game redshirt rule changes the traditional thinking. Perhaps you see Larkin as RB1, Moten as RB2, then a rotating cast of Anderson, Bowser, and Brown as the "flight deck" guys, perhaps even using Bowser selectively in four games as game scenarios dictate (i.e. short yardage situations where a bigger back might be helpful)?
Especially since we have not yet gotten a RB in this class. Preserving a year of eligibility for one or more might give advantages down the line.

Don't forget Bates. I could add Brewer and Peterman as well

Turk predicted it a couple of years ago....;)
i remember gocats laughing at Turk when Turk said Green could be a 2.
Gocats belittled Green but Turk saw the QB potential with just watching practive, even though Green is only a walk on.
Maybe thats why gocats had to move on to other employment. Just saying.

i remember gocats laughing at Turk when Turk said Green could be a 2.
Gocats belittled Green but Turk saw the QB potential with just watching practive, even though Green is only a walk on.
Maybe thats why gocats had to move on to other employment. Just saying.

Didn’t laugh at anyone. Still don’t believe Green is a viable starter for a B1G program, as in “not a guy you win with” and think his ascension to backup unfortunately says more about the lack of development of Smith and Marty than anything else.

Plus it’s weird when you try to defend yourself across your different personas.

Reactions: DaCat
Gocatsgo, hard to find a guy like Alviti that will stick around as a backup. See Nebraska for an example. I think we can win with Green as long as he doesn’t throw picks. Control the ball and let the defense win.

Turk gave us “needs work”, “Fake by the lake”, “flat earth”, “Josh”, “the Problem of Fitz”
GoCats gave us “No.”
If anyone around here knows how to make up stuff, it’s Turk.
He is quite the original thinker. I particularly like his nicknames. Samdup "Dont Shoot" Miller is another Turkism

Isn't it against forum rules to have multiple usernames??? Are the mods going to let this uncivilized savagery continue???

Well, Zak was good and Prater eventually became good, but yeah, we wait at the altar a bit
We have a long track record of high profile transfers who we expect to be stars who just don't pan out. Not saying that will happen here, but I've stopped assuming that a high profile transfer will instantly be a hit for us - except for Hunter J. I've fallen into that trap completely and expect him to win the Heisman.
I think it evens out or is a bit on the plus side. Back in the day, we had Roehl, Zak, even Cerasani was solid until he tossed his helmet one game and then sorta dialed out. Our highest offensive draft choice, post 1998 was a transfer. RB out of Evansville. Sean somebody, ran fast as hell for a big RB and did great at the combine, but only carried the ball a dozen or so times. Of course, some transfers aren't popular with fans but help our depth like Quinn Evans did.

Isn't it against forum rules to have multiple usernames??? Are the mods going to let this uncivilized savagery continue???
Why do you keep thinking Wicker is me? He definitely has a fondness for me. Whatever the case, is he inciting anything? No. Is he posting anything bad? No.
What's your fuss other than just anger? I suppose you are also one of the angry people against Trump as well. So Sad. Be happy.

Why do you keep thinking Wicker is me? He definitely has a fondness for me. Whatever the case, is he inciting anything? No. Is he posting anything bad? No.
What's your fuss other than just anger? I suppose you are also one of the angry people against Trump as well. So Sad. Be happy.
TRUMP RANT BOARD ARRRGGHHHH

Reactions: phatcat and DaCat
True. The police found his DNA in your underwear.
I often wonder if Wicker is you. You created carpetbagger over on another site and attached me to your handle. I had no idea until that moderator sent me a awful offensive email ripping me apart for harassing him. Even when I responded to the dude, he didn't believe me and only later did I find out it was you as anyone could create an account and attach someone else's email to it. I suspect that whoever Wicker is, he/she has been a longtime poster and is just having some fun. I really don't mind since I am apparently the dudes hero. Of course, jealous folks like GCG, DaCat, chicagocatfan, all fuss and hiss but only because I call them out on the rant board for their anti trump madness.

Why?--Because the two of you are like a ventriloquist and his dummy.

Reactions: DaCat
[QUOTE="We have had some great success with converted QBs Ebert to name one.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget: Ross Lane, Andrew Brewer, Kain Colter, and of course the greatest receiver in NU history (D'Wayne Bates) was a high school QB.

I often wonder if Wicker is you. You created carpetbagger over on another site and attached me to your handle. I had no idea until that moderator sent me a awful offensive email ripping me apart for harassing him. Even when I responded to the dude, he didn't believe me and only later did I find out it was you as anyone could create an account and attach someone else's email to it. I suspect that whoever Wicker is, he/she has been a longtime poster and is just having some fun. I really don't mind since I am apparently the dudes hero. Of course, jealous folks like GCG, DaCat, chicagocatfan, all fuss and hiss but only because I call them out on the rant board for their anti trump madness.

The last line is beyond funny to me

You gave it away when you spelled enough "enuf" on both handles

Far more coherent posts have been typed by monkeys on typewriters.

Anyway, whoever Wicker is, he's the only person to use the same exact expressions that Turk uses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT