ADVERTISEMENT

Gronowski staying at South Dakota State

If Lujan told Sully that Lausch jumped him, then Lujan ran Sully off the team. There is no way that Lausch is a better passer than Sully at present time.
The bottom line is that we were in trouble at QB before Sully left and we're in trouble at QB after Sully has left. None of those guys are/were going to provide top tier QB play.

If Lujan told Sully that Lausch jumped him, then Lujan ran Sully off the team. There is no way that Lausch is a better passer than Sully at present time.
Unfair take. Lujan/Braun have the right to say "you haven't won the job yet". And they also have a right to keep searching for a transfer. I like Sully and have very low confidence in the next two, AND it's scary late for an inbound portal, but Sully pulled a Kyle McCord.

I also find it hard to believe that a guy rehabbing from surgery, the presumed starter, could lose his job in a dozen spring practices to guys he was clearly above 3-4 months ago. But, as often as I disagree with CSC and GCG, I do agree that I trust the coaches to put us in the best position to win. This was probably not a 30 second coach/player conversation

Reactions: Sheffielder
I wasn't holding my breath on Gronowski, but I was definitely hoping Braun/Lujan had a bullet in the chamber and that being the clear reason Sullivan hit the Portal. Instead it looks like it's the worst case scenario at the moment: we didn't have a clear starter and our presumed/likely starter didn't love what he was seeing in his chances, so now we're down a so-so QB/"likely" starter and next up is the guy who may or may not be much better.

I'm not mad at anyone, just the circumstances.

In other news...it's May 1 and Northwestern still hasn't invited me to pay for season tickets...

Aaron Rodgers says a lot of really dumb things ha. But he did have one important word of wisdom: Relax.

Braun already said they’re searching in the portal. No reason to get worked up about doom and gloom. We aren’t in the loop. Don’t confuse that with in action.

Reactions: drewjin
Zach Galifinakis went from MN to RU so now Gavin Wimsatt is in the portal; however, he couldn't hit the ocean if he were standing on the shore

• Sad
I wasn't holding my breath on Gronowski, but I was definitely hoping Braun/Lujan had a bullet in the chamber and that being the clear reason Sullivan hit the Portal. Instead it looks like it's the worst case scenario at the moment: we didn't have a clear starter and our presumed/likely starter didn't love what he was seeing in his chances, so now we're down a so-so QB/"likely" starter and next up is the guy who may or may not be much better.

I'm not mad at anyone, just the circumstances.

In other news...it's May 1 and Northwestern still hasn't invited me to pay for season tickets...
Haven’t you heard? Games are free this year.

For football or for baseball?
I seem to remember he was offered as a preferred walk-on for football. He may have been offered a partial schollie for baseball, but baseball schollies aren't usually full schollies like football.

I seem to remember he was offered as a preferred walk-on for football. He may have been offered a partial schollie for baseball, but baseball schollies aren't usually full schollies like football.
This is also my understanding

Nice job - you beat me to it!;)
Is the message here that Lausch can throw, but we just don't know it yet? Suspect that Braun and Lujan have been talking to someone(s) in the portal, or who is about to be. They wouldn't have let Sullivan leave if they thought he was the guy or they didn't have options. Counting for certain on a Gronowski transfer would have been a fool's errand, and it makes no sense they would have. Something must be in the works.

Good lord, the one thing we can guarantee almost every season is QB debates.

Braun did what he has done since the day he got here. He gave a truthful analysis to a kid that wanted to know where he stood. Bravo to him. If Sully was the obvious choice, he would still be here. Some people act like he should have blown smoke up Sully’s ass in the name of preserving what limited depth we had. Anyone that either thought or assumed he was the obvious starter are greatly misinformed.

Good lord, the one thing we can guarantee almost every season is QB debates.

Braun did what he has done since the day he got here. He gave a truthful analysis to a kid that wanted to know where he stood. Bravo to him. If Sully was the obvious choice, he would still be here. Some people act like he should have blown smoke up Sully’s ass in the name of preserving what limited depth we had. Anyone that either thought or assumed he was the obvious starter are greatly misinformed.
Maybe but we already had a very thin QB room and now it is a lot thinner. So if they don't get someone through the portal,....

In keeping with the actual subject of the thread, I’m somewhat surprised Gronowski is staying, not because I thought he would come to NU, but I thought he would at least be somewhere in FBS with some NIL$. Is SDSU favored to repeat? They for sure lost their OC, we know that. Not sure about the other coaches and players. Maybe he got a good NIL deal at SDSU.

Lausch has Persa-esque potential.

Sully doesn’t.

It sucks to lose Sully, I’m a fan of his mobility, heart, and grit.

I think some of our fans still haven’t learned to embrace the suck.

I hope to be back in Evanston for the Duke game. Go Cats!

In keeping with the actual subject of the thread, I’m somewhat surprised Gronowski is staying, not because I thought he would come to NU, but I thought he would at least be somewhere in FBS with some NIL$. Is SDSU favored to repeat? They for sure lost their OC, we know that. Not sure about the other coaches and players. Maybe he got a good NIL deal at SDSU.

1) Yes, SDSU has a great chance to repeat.

2)

My understanding is they came up with a competitive NIL for him to stay.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT