ADVERTISEMENT

Guard offers

PZAZ

Jul 5, 2014
How many schollies for 2023? I’m surprised that Collins focused on guards with roper snd barnhiser and berry being back and only hunger and Nicholson for bugs. Thoughts?

Reactions: salukicat
Protein baby! Still trying to figure out the covid eligibility thing but it appears Cats would have 3-6 spots open next year depending on who comes back for covid year. In addition to the 4 point guards offered mentioned in Lou's article they appear to have offered at least two bigs still non committed, Booth and Nwoko.

I am still worried about this years roster...Greer and Williams are not back this year????? which if true would leave 10 scholarship players and 3 walk-ons ...????

Verbal Commits lists 3
Roy Dixon III
Gus Hurlburt (6'8 from Enderline ND)
Dylan Sandhu (6'4 from Northville Mich)

Verbal Commits lists 3
Roy Dixon III
Gus Hurlburt (6'8 from Enderline ND)
Dylan Sandhu (6'4 from Northville Mich)

You're right, loyolacat. I had to look it up. Gus Hurlburt is from a really small town 45 minutes outside of Fargo, ND. His graduating class had 21 students. one of whom is his twin brother Joe, who signed with Colorado. Gus accepted his preferred walk-on offer from NU back in February. He's an incoming freshman, not a transfer. He had a 3.99 GPA (out of 4).

You're right, loyolacat. I had to look it up. Gus Hurlburt is from a really small town 45 minutes outside of Fargo, ND. His graduating class had 21 students. one of whom is his twin brother Joe, who signed with Colorado. Gus accepted his preferred walk-on offer from NU back in February. He's an incoming freshman, not a transfer. He had a 3.99 GPA (out of 4).

Did they have enough guys for a basketball team? Football???

Former Bolingbrook HS star, big, athletic guard, would help many teams:
Jon Rothstein

Source: Toledo's Tyler Cochran has received a waiver from the NCAA and is eligible for the 22-23 season. Cochran is a two-time transfer that has previously played at both Ball State and Northern Illinois.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Here is blurb from 247 sports on Cameron Carr who is visiting Evanston this weekend:

There are several players at Link who are more well-known than three-star senior combo guard Cameron Carr, odds are he’ll develop his own notoriety through the course of the year. A classic late-bloomer, Carr is a rail thin 6-foot-4 guard who is still growing, has long arms (7’0” wingspan) and is just starting to tap into his potential,

Carr plays with skill. He can knock down shots, he’s a savvy passer and he has great feel for the game. He’s had some injury battles in previous years but now he’s 100% healthy and while he’s still rail thin, he’s gotten significantly more athletic and that burst allows him to play with significantly more confidence. He just missed the top 150 for the class of 2023 after helping MoKan Elite to a Peach Jam title in July. It wouldn’t be a surprise if he breaks through this season.

Chris Collins of Northwestern and his entire staff were on hand for Carr and he’ll visit Evanston next weekend. He’s also set to see Kansas State (he went to school in Manhattan before transferring to Link) in a few weeks.

Here is blurb from 247 sports on Cameron Carr who is visiting Evanston this weekend:

There are several players at Link who are more well-known than three-star senior combo guard Cameron Carr, odds are he’ll develop his own notoriety through the course of the year. A classic late-bloomer, Carr is a rail thin 6-foot-4 guard who is still growing, has long arms (7’0” wingspan) and is just starting to tap into his potential,

Carr plays with skill. He can knock down shots, he’s a savvy passer and he has great feel for the game. He’s had some injury battles in previous years but now he’s 100% healthy and while he’s still rail thin, he’s gotten significantly more athletic and that burst allows him to play with significantly more confidence. He just missed the top 150 for the class of 2023 after helping MoKan Elite to a Peach Jam title in July. It wouldn’t be a surprise if he breaks through this season.

Chris Collins of Northwestern and his entire staff were on hand for Carr and he’ll visit Evanston next weekend. He’s also set to see Kansas State (he went to school in Manhattan before transferring to Link) in a few weeks.
I'm glad you posted that.
There was absolutely zero news for weeks and I was wondering if we still had a basketball program.

I'm glad you posted that.
There was absolutely zero news for weeks and I was wondering if we still had a basketball program.
His dad is Chris Carr, who played at one of the Proviso schools in the Chicago suburbs, then SIU, then the NBA. He w coached women’s basketball at K-State and is now coaching men’s basketball at DII Drury University, in Springfield, Mo.

When people talk about "combo" guards, I always hear "shooting guards who can dribble in a pinch, but aren't going to have the chops to be a D1 point".

Reactions: NUCat320
Chris Carr is from tiny Pilot Knob, Missouri, in the Missouri ozarks, not Proviso. His story is a fascinating one, coming from a high school of less than 100 students, receiving only one division one offer out of high school from Rich Herrin at SIU to his ascension in the NBA and runner up to Kobe Bryant in all star slam dunk contest.

Reactions: NUCat320
Chris Carr is from tiny Pilot Knob, Missouri, in the Missouri ozarks, not Proviso. His story is a fascinating one, coming from a high school of less than 100 students, receiving only one division one offer out of high school from Rich Herrin at SIU to his ascension in the NBA and runner up to Kobe Bryant in all star slam dunk contest.
Oof! Mea culpa!

The Proviso East team in the early 90s had three NBA wings: Michael Finley (Wisconsin), Donnie Boyce (Colorado), and Sherell Ford (UIC).

In my mind Chris Carr was one of the three, probably because he also made an appearance in mid-90s video games. Hmmmm.

I hope the visits were good.

Any news on the recruits that visited the last few weeks? Anyone seems and footage of them?

Looks like Carr's recruitment has has heated up since his visit to Northwestern, having received offers from Kansas State, Virginia and Tennessee this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT