ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh on what steroids you should take:

shakes3858

Aug 28, 2009
“I truly believe the No. 1 natural steroid is sleep and the No. 2 natural steroid is milk, whole milk,” Harbaugh said. “Three would be water. Four would be steak.”

“I truly believe the No. 1 natural steroid is sleep and the No. 2 natural steroid is milk, whole milk,” Harbaugh said. “Three would be water. Four would be steak.”

None of that hormone free beef for Harbaugh's players. :D

(By the way wasn't there a season or two where Northwestern was handing out milk instead of Gatorade at games and the team was on a winning streak?)

(By the way wasn't there a season or two where Northwestern was handing out milk instead of Gatorade at games and the team was on a winning streak?)
Yeah, let's give our oline whole milk during a game. Instead of blocking, they'll just vomit on the dline forcing them to run the opposite direction giving JJ huge holes.

Wasn't there some story about a Bulls game where the trainer mistakenly put in post workout recovery drink instead of Gatorade and the whole team was getting sick on the bench?

Reactions: kreggk

I doubt it. Anyway, that would be nuts considering milk immediately separates into a solid when it hits the stomach. There'd soon be chunks of curds all over the football field.

I know, I know...we are not supposed to like Harbaugh, but I think he is great. I look for UM in the final four in 2017.

I know, I know...we are not supposed to like Harbaugh, but I think he is great. I look for UM in the final four in 2017.

I agree. I didn't care for his "musical chairs" recruiting strategy and had read stories about how much of an a-hole he was, but I've gotten to like watching him in press conferences. Harbaugh looking off into space with his blank expression and taking about worms with machine guns is a comedy routine.

You might be a heck of a football player if you don't mind dying of colon cancer at age 50.

I doubt it. Anyway, that would be nuts considering milk immediately separates into a solid when it hits the stomach. There'd soon be chunks of curds all over the football field.

I did find this NU-Milk reference though when trying to Google the topic. Also found it of interest to learn that NU Gridiron and NFL legend Ron Burton as a freshman lived in the same McCulloch Hall where I spent my freshman year - back when you could still see Lake Michigan from the dorm:

"While a student at Northwestern, Ron discovered an appreciation for music, theater, architecture and nature. And he found one thing that he would love for all his life — his wife, JoAnn.

“We were at a party, and all of these star athletes were there from various schools,” says JoAnn, who was a student at the University of Illinois at the time. “And Ron walked up and ordered a milk. I wasn’t sure I’d heard right.”

But sure enough, Ron was drinking milk.
“I thought to myself, this guy is really strong,” JoAnn says. “He was just a freshman around all of these older athletes, but he was walking his own walk.”

After his graduation in 1960 Ron Burton Sr. (SESP60) was one of the last students in his class to leave Northwestern’s Evanston campus. The All-American tailback had already signed with the Boston Patriots in the American Football League’s inaugural draft, but he was in no hurry to begin his new life as a professional football player. Instead, Burton went behind McCulloch Hall, where he had lived as a freshman, and out to Lake Michigan.

“And he cried,” Burton’s youngest son, Paul Burton (C96, GJ98), says. “He cried because of his love for Northwestern, a place that gave him so much to be thankful for.” "

Images from McCulloch Hall back in the 60s:

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

Here is a link to the full Ron Burton article:

http://www.northwestern.edu/magazine/spring2006/features/burton.html

Last edited:
I agree. I didn't care for his "musical chairs" recruiting strategy and had read stories about how much of an a-hole he was, but I've gotten to like watching him in press conferences. Harbaugh looking off into space with his blank expression and taking about worms with machine guns is a comedy routine.

His pressers are something I stop the TiVo for when I'm FF through CF Live. They're fantastic.

I did find this NU-Milk reference though when trying to Google the topic. Also found it of interest to learn that NU Gridiron and NFL legend Ron Burton as a freshman lived in the same McCulloch Hall where I spent my freshman year - back when you could still see Lake Michigan from the dorm:

"While a student at Northwestern, Ron discovered an appreciation for music, theater, architecture and nature. And he found one thing that he would love for all his life — his wife, JoAnn.

“We were at a party, and all of these star athletes were there from various schools,” says JoAnn, who was a student at the University of Illinois at the time. “And Ron walked up and ordered a milk. I wasn’t sure I’d heard right.”

But sure enough, Ron was drinking milk.
“I thought to myself, this guy is really strong,” JoAnn says. “He was just a freshman around all of these older athletes, but he was walking his own walk.”

After his graduation in 1960 Ron Burton Sr. (SESP60) was one of the last students in his class to leave Northwestern’s Evanston campus. The All-American tailback had already signed with the Boston Patriots in the American Football League’s inaugural draft, but he was in no hurry to begin his new life as a professional football player. Instead, Burton went behind McCulloch Hall, where he had lived as a freshman, and out to Lake Michigan.

“And he cried,” Burton’s youngest son, Paul Burton (C96, GJ98), says. “He cried because of his love for Northwestern, a place that gave him so much to be thankful for.” "

Images from McCulloch Hall back in the 60s:

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

Here is a link to the full Ron Burton article:

http://www.northwestern.edu/magazine/spring2006/features/burton.html

Great link and photos. Note that he wasn't drinking on the football field. I used to do the exact same thing when I went to high school drinking parties!!! I was known for carrying around and drinking milk out of a carton to show folks I wasn't going to break school rules for athletes, and also because I liked milk and was trying to gain weight. People thought it was funny (I think).

That all changed when I went to college.

Shakes I took D-Bal in college and it sure worked for me. The zitz on the back though simply were not acceptable! Thus it was a short but I might add productive period of juice.

That image from the 60s is literally no different than the mid 80s, all the way down to the curtains

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT