ADVERTISEMENT

Harvard makes ACT & SAT scores optional, yet we lose a recruit over it

Thanks for weighing in with that. That's the experience we had with my son in his conversations with a few high academic schools, but it wasn't football.

Assuming that's still the case, I'm struggling to understand the idea some people (not you) are advocating that lowering minimums that aren't hard minimums to begin with are a solution to the problem.

There are no formal hard minimums, but more a general profile that you can recruit to. The idea is to essentially lower that profile a bit to allow for a larger recruiting pool.

I’ve long supported the idea of giving Fitz as much leeway as he wants so long as the team’s academic performance doesn’t materially deteriorate because 1) graduating kids is the most important part and 2) I do not believe Fitz would suddenly run out and start loading up on mimimim qualifiers because of how he wants to build his team.

Reactions: hoosboot
You talk about a system and even the guy that was in the recruiting office couldn’t interpret your concern. Maybe you talk in circles?
Maybe. Seems like it might be a stretch to blame anyone else for your claim that I'm against loosening GPA and testing requirements after I bolded that I'm IN FAVOR of it...but you know, maybe.

I'll try bolding and underlining next time to help you out with the reading comprehension.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT