ADVERTISEMENT

Hate to say it again but WR position needs a lot of help

Reese, Vault and McShepard plus the incoming Freshman plus the 2nd year players. I'd say help has arrived and people that bashed springer will be eating crow.

Reese, Vault and McShepard plus the incoming Freshman plus the 2nd year players. I'd say help has arrived and people that bashed springer will be eating crow.
Did I miss something about a position change?

Edit: yes I did...got it now

Did Marcus play any WR before at the h.s. level? He seems pretty fast, but the question is if he can be a Power 5 level WR.

"High School: Ranked as the No. 69 cornerback recruit nationally by Rivals.com, and the No. 50 recruit overall from Ohio ... Rated as the No. 119 cornerback prospect by Scout.com ... Earned honorable mention All-State honors in Division I and was an All-Area selection by the Sun Press ... Named Cleveland Heights' defensive MVP in 2012 with 56 tackles, eight interceptions and six defensive touchdowns ... Also had 751 kickoff return yards and one kick return for TD ... Led the Tigers to first playoff appearance in school history ... Also a sprinter for Cleveland Heights track team, owning the school record in the 60-meter dash ... Won a national championship in the 4x100 (39.9) competing for the Cleveland Express Track Club ... Member of National Honor Society and an honor roll student for six straight years."

Did Marcus play any WR before at the h.s. level? He seems pretty fast, but the question is if he can be a Power 5 level WR.

"High School: Ranked as the No. 69 cornerback recruit nationally by Rivals.com, and the No. 50 recruit overall from Ohio ... Rated as the No. 119 cornerback prospect by Scout.com ... Earned honorable mention All-State honors in Division I and was an All-Area selection by the Sun Press ... Named Cleveland Heights' defensive MVP in 2012 with 56 tackles, eight interceptions and six defensive touchdowns ... Also had 751 kickoff return yards and one kick return for TD ... Led the Tigers to first playoff appearance in school history ... Also a sprinter for Cleveland Heights track team, owning the school record in the 60-meter dash ... Won a national championship in the 4x100 (39.9) competing for the Cleveland Express Track Club ... Member of National Honor Society and an honor roll student for six straight years."
He did a bit. One story has it that he moved to CB in part to help a teammate gain more exposure as a WR for recruiting purposes. This sounds a bit embellished, but it is safe to say that your best athletes are often the corners due to the demands of the position.

I'm feeling a little better about our WR corps now, though obviously we'll have to wait to find out if these changes will move the needle for our awful passing game.

Next season's WR corps looks like this now (scholarship players in bold):

Seniors
2 Christian Salem WR 6-3 195 Jr. Santa Monica, Calif. / Santa Monica
80 Austin Carr WR 6-1 195 Jr. Benicia, Calif. / Benicia
82 Andrew Scanlan WR 6-2 215 Jr. Royersford, Pa. / Spring-Ford

Juniors
4 Solomon Vault RB 5-10 190 So. Gaithersburg, Md. / Gaithersburg
15 Macan Wilson WR 6-0 180 So. Houston, Texas / Kinkaid

16 Quinn Baker WR 5-11 190 So. Trout Valley, Ill. / Cary-Grove
17 Marcus McShepard CB 5-11 200 So. University Heights, Ohio / Cleveland Heights
24 Mark Gorogianis WR 6-0 190 So. Lombard, Ill. / Montini Catholic
36 Corey Acker WR 5-9 170 So. Ballston Lake, N.Y. / Shenendehowa Central
43 Cole Johnson WR 6-1 200 So. Avon, Ind. / Avon
83 Chad Hanaoka WR 5-10 170 So. Honolulu, Hawaii / 'Iolani School

Sophomores
81 Jelani Roberts WR 5-8 160 Fr. Owings Mills, Md. / The Gilman School

RS-Freshmen
33 Steven Reese DB 6-2 190 Fr. Buford, Ga. / Buford
Cameron Green WR 6-3 210 Fr. Buffalo Grove, Ill. / Stevenson
85 Chris Cliff WR 6-2 205 Fr. West Bloomfield, Mich. / Walled Lake Northern
86 Flynn Nagel WR 5-11 190 Fr. Lemont, Ill. / Lemont --> did he get medical red shirt?
89 Charlie Fessler WR 6-4 205 Fr. Erie, Pa. / Cathedral Prep

Freshmen (incoming scholarship commits)
R. Chiaokhiao-Bowman WR Minneapolis, MN 6'3" 188
Riley Lees WR Libertyville, IL 6'1" 190
Ben Skowronek WR Ft. Wayne, IN 6'4" 200
Eric Eshoo TE Wilmette, IL 6'5" 225

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT