ADVERTISEMENT

Hazing press conference this morning

Noah Herron spoke today about being forced to cut his hair. We knew that that was policy, and that it was changed in response to black athletes feedback. Also, Herron never played under head coach Pat Fitzgerald, who was a defensive coach when Herron played. Rico Tarver/Lamitte, who also never played under head coach Pat Fitzgerald, also spoke. Those were the only names I’ve seen in current reporting.

That Michigan State gymnastic settlement hangs heavy over all of this. A gazillion dollars for a gazillion people. Everyone is lining up to feed.

Reactions: phatcat
Did any recent players speak at the press conference? What exactly do the
plaintiffs want? They are not alleging a crime and didn’t the statute of limitations on civil claims expire long ago?

It sounds like the accused people and practices (at least those mentioned in this thread) are long gone from the program.

Last edited:
plaintiffs want? They are not alleging a crime and didn’t the statute of limitations on civil claims expire long ago?

It sounds like the accused people and practices (at least those mentioned in this thread) are no longer with the program.
There were only two players. As soon as I heard a) 2 players b) a long time ago and c) racism not hazing, I turned it off. I presume that this nothing burger from some extremely expensive lawyers is a feint. This can't be all they have, or the judge will tell them to STFU

It sounds like the accused people and practices (at least those mentioned in this thread) are no longer with the program.
They want a settlement.

Reactions: rmndcat

And haven't been for a long time

It sounds like the accused people and practices (at least those mentioned in this thread) are long gone from the program.
I would imagine that when this reaches the courts the first thing done will be the defense files a motion to dismiss based on the expiration of the statute of limitations.

Reactions: IGNORE2
I read the article more closely and it looks like it is not a lawsuit but rather the accusers want “cultural change and restitution.” If they can’t find more recent players, then the cultural change part is completely moot since they are referencing the culture of 20+ years ago and a head coach that passed away in 2006. So then it becomes simply about restitution.

The watermelon-eating contest?
Was disappointed to see Herron, an all-time favorite, doing this...I think these guys know there was/has been/is a wholesale change in leadership and culture from the Walker Era (am I remembering correctly that he and Walk were known to have a contentious relationship?)

I'm conflicted on whether I think they are owed restitution for things they could have sued for any time in the past 20 years before Opportunism 101 rang their doorbell, but I'm in a fortunate position where my opinion doesn't matter.

Was disappointed to see Herron, an all-time favorite, doing this...I think these guys know there was/has been/is a wholesale change in leadership and culture from the Walker Era (am I remembering correctly that he and Walk were known to have a contentious relationship?)

I'm conflicted on whether I think they are owed restitution for things they could have sued for any time in the past 20 years before Opportunism 101 rang their doorbell, but I'm in a fortunate position where my opinion doesn't matter.
Pretty sure these guys remain close program. When I hung with a couple back in Herron days, we would be out at the bars with guys from prior years.

Restitution? No conflict here.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT