ADVERTISEMENT

Hilinski looks huge

Our QB's always look huge before the season starts. That said, let's hope he continues to look huge.

Our OL should be improved. Our 2 RB's are a load. Very weak at WR and unknown at QB. But from the looks of his previous experience he may be at least equal to Ramsey.

The biggest problem we may have is on defense, i.e., replacing Hankwitz. The new guy will necessarily be a downgrade.

Our OL should be improved. Our 2 RB's are a load. Very weak at WR and unknown at QB. But from the looks of his previous experience he may be at least equal to Ramsey.

The biggest problem we may have is on defense, i.e., replacing Hankwitz. The new guy will necessarily be a downgrade.

I think you'll be surprised at WR, especially with Robinson in the mix. Maybe not suddenly gamebreaking, but better than we've seen lately.

I would characterize our WRs as "unknown" as well. We have some intriguing new talent on the roster. It remains to be seen how those guys perform.

I would characterize our WRs as "unknown" as well. We have some intriguing new talent on the roster. It remains to be seen how those guys perform.
What happened to Hooper? Is he still on the team? Redshirtted?
Rules been changing alot with all of this transfer stuff opened up, is it still wise to redshirt good players?
Gocatsgo mentioned a guy named Robinson, is he a transfer?

Rules been changing alot with all of this transfer stuff opened up, is it still wise to redshirt good players?

Yes, Hooper is still on the team. Definitely looks the part, still working to consistently catch the ball last I heard.

Stephon Robinson is a grad transfer from Kansas. Injured much of 2020, but had 45 catches for 727 yards and 8 TDs in a breakout 2019 season.

Reactions: rmndcat

I know that there is no replacing Hank, he is a legend, but it's not like all the talented players and other coaches are gone. I know I'm often just trying to be optimistic but some new schemes on D may play to NU's advantage early in the season.

The new guy still has Hank's assistants, correct?

Reactions: rmndcat
GHP is listed on the roster at #18. No reason to believe he is transferring. He is an athletic kid, but was pretty raw in HS. Kirtz was much more a finished product. Expect good things from him. And possibly Wayne Dennis, the guy with two first names.

Stephon Robinson is a grad transfer from KU with significant downfield skills. He can play.

Throw in JJ Jefferson, and freshman Jordan Mosley and Calvin Johnson II, and you have real talent at WR. I would not call the group "weak." I think it will be a good one.

GHP is listed on the roster at #18. No reason to believe he is transferring. He is an athletic kid, but was pretty raw in HS. Kirtz was much more a finished product. Expect good things from him. And possibly Wayne Dennis, the guy with two first names.

Stephon Robinson is a grad transfer from KU with significant downfield skills. He can play.

Throw in JJ Jefferson, and freshman Jordan Mosley and Calvin Johnson II, and you have real talent at WR. I would not call the group "weak." I think it will be a good one.
And Malik Washington coming back

NU basketball fans might tell you it’s the most talent we’ve had in the history of the program.

Last edited:
Why are you taking Wrassler seriously?
Did you note the part about couch dreams? He has been right on predictions in the past, although they were likely pulled from you know where. I just want to know his source, even if it is a fairy tale.

Last edited:
Reactions: drewjin

In addition Malik Washington decided not to transfer and could very well earn spot on two deep.

Did you note the part about couch dreams? He has been right on predictions in the past, although they were likely pulled from you know where. I just want to know his source, even if it is a fairy tale.
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day (unless it's a 24 hr clock). But he does pull them out from somewhere onc in a while!

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day (unless it's a 24 hr clock). But he does pull them out from somewhere onc in a while!

I wouldn't be shocked if this one happens to be the proverbial nut to be found.

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT