ADVERTISEMENT

Hindsight is ... good for a laugh

kaTNap

Gold Member
Nov 7, 2005
Nashville, TN
From the game preview on Gopherhole.com (all spelling and grammatical errors are in the original):

"I believe that there is a 50% chance Northwestern scores a touchdown in this football game. Even after a game where Minnesota allowed North Carolina to move the ball, I think the difference between the Gophers’ defense and Northwestern’s offense is far too great for this game to be competitive. Northwestern is a running football team, and a bad one at that, so while Minnesota’s run defense has continued to improve, I just do not believe that Northwestern will be able to move the football in this game. Northwestern’s defense has allowed Rutgers and Duke move the football fairly easily against them and I do not think this game will be much different. I expect Minnesota’s offense, especially Athan Kaliakmanis to get back on track and the Gophers have and impressive 38-0 victory."

F6wrV6Ka0AA87U9

From the game preview on Gopherhole.com (all spelling and grammatical errors are in the original):

"I believe that there is a 50% chance Northwestern scores a touchdown in this football game. Even after a game where Minnesota allowed North Carolina to move the ball, I think the difference between the Gophers’ defense and Northwestern’s offense is far too great for this game to be competitive. Northwestern is a running football team, and a bad one at that, so while Minnesota’s run defense has continued to improve, I just do not believe that Northwestern will be able to move the football in this game. Northwestern’s defense has allowed Rutgers and Duke move the football fairly easily against them and I do not think this game will be much different. I expect Minnesota’s offense, especially Athan Kaliakmanis to get back on track and the Gophers have and impressive 38-0 victory."

I do remember that impressive victory in the Minnesota @ Northwestern game, but it was 39-0. (and they got the victor wrong.)

I do remember that impressive victory in the Minnesota @ Northwestern game, but it was 39-0. (and they got the victor wrong.)
"I believe that there is a 50% chance Northwestern scores a touchdown in this football game."

I'm thinking maybe he meant that there's a 50% chance NU scores the winning touchdown in overtime in a single play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT