ADVERTISEMENT

Holacek

Holecek is an outstanding coach and leader, and could probably have gone to college or the NFL years ago.

Rambler nation was tipped it might be coming but was still devastated when John announced it last night at the football banquet. The guy ran the program like an NFL team and the results speak for themselves.

Doesn’t Fitz have a connection with him. His son played for the man.

Holecek would likely be a strong in-state recruiter. I wonder if Illinois makes more sense. Don't they have openings too?

Holecek would likely be a strong in-state recruiter. I wonder if Illinois makes more sense. Don't they have openings too?
Man, would that be a slap in the face if he joins Bielema’s staff over Fitz’s.

Maybe as their LB coach? Unless we promote McG to DC, our LB coach spot is spoken for.

A week or so ago someone told me this was a strong possibility.
I thought it was probably nuts.
Now, I’m not sure.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Holecek is an outstanding coach and leader, and could probably have gone to college or the NFL years ago.

Rambler nation was tipped it might be coming but was still devastated when John announced it last night at the football banquet. The guy ran the program like an NFL team and the results speak for themselves.
Holecek has been excellent for LA. If Fitz could get him as DC, that would be an incredible coup. I have no intel at all. I just went there for HS. But they are definitely close friends. It doesn't seem entirely impossible to me.

Go Blers, but Go CATS more

#speculationseason

Holecek has been excellent for LA. If Fitz could get him as DC, that would be an incredible coup. I have no intel at all. I just went there for HS. But they are definitely close friends. It doesn't seem entirely impossible to me.

#speculationseason
Sweet another Fitz buddy as coordinator. Always works out well

#speculationseason
Not 100% out of the question. They are pals and NU needs a new defensive scheme.

Article today in the suntimes about holacek. Done with coaching at the high school level. Has no plans. Used the phrase his resume is not out there. Going to take a couple weeks off and then see what happens.

#speculationseason

No. Just… no. It’s great that he has been tremendously successful as a high school head coach, but that’s a completely different deal than being a P5 DC.

Article today in the suntimes about holacek. Done with coaching at the high school level. Has no plans. Used the phrase his resume is not out there. Going to take a couple weeks off and then see what happens.

Yeah, didn’t seem like a guy who’s in a rush to be coaching again. Maybe would take a “gap” job like a QC gig at NU or some kind of off-field personnel role so he doesn’t have to move his family, etc… though I suppose he’s got clear ties to Illinois and (I believe) an empty nester now that his kids have worked their way through Loyola.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT