ADVERTISEMENT

Hoosier History repeats

ubercat

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2005
NUmenor
Fort Wayne Mastodon it again.

Ironically, the ancestors of elephants played small ball to win.

17 3s, mostly uncontested. You play 4 guards and a big against Indiana. and they are absolutely toast; their bigs are just too slow. Notre Dame didn't have 4 guards to play, hence the improbable upser.

But who put together this schedule for Indiana, the Marquis DeSade?

What can you say? The Hoosiers were up against a team led by John Konchar, a guy from the basketball hotbed of West Chicago (not west Chicago, but West Chicago).

Small technical point ... Mastodons are not ancestors to elephants. They share a common ancestral species with elephants. Saying elephants evolved from mastodons is like saying you evolved from your deceased cousin, when in fact, you both share a common ancestor, your grandparents.

Sorry for being so anal, but this is a common misperception by creationists that is tossed back at biologists all the time.

Last edited:
Dang, I was considering using "cousins" but thought ancestors would be more coherent, though scientifically wrong. And that Glades would probably be the one to call me out. :rolleyes:
Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Flat Earth Society meeting to attend with Turk.

Sorry, I was triggered.

Remember, only YOU can prevent nerd bullying.

Last edited:
I watched some of the game and thoroughly enjoyed Ft. Wayne's heart and hustle, two qualities of which IU showed little.

The threes were great and Ft. Wayne may not have another night shooting like that for fifty years. But the defense and transition offense were pretty ballsy for a team giving up huge size and athleticism. At the end of the day it was a basketball game and kids who grow up in Indiana pretty much know how to play basketball. IU got outcoached bigly.

I watched some of the game and thoroughly enjoyed Ft. Wayne's heart and hustle, two qualities of which IU showed little.

The threes were great and Ft. Wayne may not have another night shooting like that for fifty years. But the defense and transition offense were pretty ballsy for a team giving up huge size and athleticism. At the end of the day it was a basketball game and kids who grow up in Indiana pretty much know how to play basketball. IU got outcoached bigly.
IU lost not because Ft Wayne shot the lights out (though they did in the 2nd half, because IU left them open). Ft Wayne turned Indiana over A LOT.

Small technical point ... Mastodons are not ancestors to elephants. They share a common ancestral species with elephants. Saying elephants evolved from mastodons is like saying you evolved from your deceased cousin, when in fact, you both share a common ancestor, your grandparents.

Sorry for being so anal, but this is a common misperception by creationists that is tossed back at biologists all the time.
Uber is a creationist? He's creative, ya gotta say that.

Last edited:

I have not recalled a game is awhile where I saw a BIG coach get so thoroughly outcoached. The gameflow absolutely SCREAMED for Miller to switch to a smaller quicker lineup, but he stubornly kept the same slow bigs out there for Ft. Wayne to exploit over, and over, and over again. Just absolutely stupefying...

I have not recalled a game is awhile where I saw a BIG coach get so thoroughly outcoached. The gameflow absolutely SCREAMED for Miller to switch to a smaller quicker lineup, but he stubornly kept the same slow bigs out there for Ft. Wayne to exploit over, and over, and over again. Just absolutely stupefying...

His wife probably ordered him to stick to that lineup.

I think I watched a game like that last night. Fourteen 3's in one half? Can't remember ever seeing a team score 68 points in a half.

Reactions: Noah121
I think I watched a game like that last night. Fourteen 3's in one half? Can't remember ever seeing a team score 68 points in a half.

You didn't We actually, and correctly. had three guards in the game for most of the first half, when it mattered. We were not outcoached, we were outtalented, mainly due to the absence of our best player and defender. There was nothing CC could do about it.

Nice troll attempt, though.

You didn't We actually, and correctly. had three guards in the game for most of the first half, when it mattered. We were not outcoached, we were outtalented, mainly due to the absence of our best player and defender. There was nothing CC could do about it.

Nice troll attempt, though.

We were not outcoached, we were outtalented, mainly due to the absence of our best player and defender. There was nothing CC could do about it.
———————
So CC is in no way responsible in year 5 for not having enough talent!

Year 5!

We were not outcoached, we were outtalented, mainly due to the absence of our best player and defender. There was nothing CC could do about it.
———————
So CC is in no way responsible in year 5 for not having enough talent!

Year 5!

We were talented enough to go to the Dance in Year 4. Year 4! Hurts, doesn't it?

Iowa hung 68 on the Wildcats in a WBB game somewhere between 4 and 6 years ago. It was not a pretty sight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT