ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern could be 'a perfect match' for 2025 forward Tre Singleton

mshelton33

Staff
Jun 16, 2021
Reactions: NUCat320
If proximity is really important it's gonna be tough to beat out the competition.

I saw the kid play against Lawrence North in the semi state semi finals. He scored 25 and was unstoppable. Though it must be said they were lucky to win by 2 when they trailed most of the game.

In the semi state final against Ben Davis and KJ Windham, he only scored 8, and, unlike the previous game, they led all game just to lose it at the end by 1.

Kid is very crafty. Uses his body very well. A bit like a shorter Ryan Young in his craftiness, though faster and basing his moves more on creating space with his strong body. He is not athletic at all.

I see him getting other high major offers. But not from a blue blood like Louisville.

Last edited:
Reactions: macarthur31
He is not athletic at all. Oh ooh.
Imagine one of those kids who falls through the cracks due to lack of athleticism. Land in some mid major. Make the tournament as an upperclassman and school everyone with his moves. Instant March sensation. Like the recent kid from Loyola or someone like that.

• Love
Reactions: NUCat320
I saw the kid play against Lawrence North in the semi state semi finals. He scored 25 and was unstoppable. Though it must be said they were lucky to win by 2 when they trailed most of the game.

In the semi state final against Ben Davis and KJ Windham, he only scored 8, and, unlike the previous game, they led all game just to lose it at the end by 1.

Kid is very crafty. Uses his body very well. A bit like a shorter Ryan Young in his craftiness, though faster and basing his moves more on creating space with his strong body. He is not athletic at all.

I see him getting other high major offers. But not from a blue blood like Louisville.

Offered by Louisville.

NU, first high major to do so, offered on 06/28. Since then, kid had the following offers:

06/30 - Saint Louis and Ball State
07/12 - Butler
07/13 - DePaul
07/14 - Charlotte, Clemson and Louisville
07/15 - Notre Dame, Wake Forest and Xavier
??/?? - Purdue

A lesser man would have edited that comment.

As Oscar Wilde once said "There’s only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.”

As always, I enjoy your comments. Having an opinion (and stating it) is the only thing that keeps this message board afloat.

A lesser man would have edited that comment.

As Oscar Wilde once said "There’s only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.”

As always, I enjoy your comments. Having an opinion (and stating it) is the only thing that keeps this message board afloat.
Thanks for the words.

Three possible things at play here:
1) I might over estimate how blue blood Louisville is these days. I know, as I lived in the area for over 3 years, how big the program is locally, but beyond the area, it has been a rough period post Pitino
2) I might underestimate how a local kid is perceived, blue blood or not. Jeffersonville is not just close, you can walk across the bridge to it from downtown Louisville
3) I might be completely off on my assessment. Kid is a 6'8 junior, who, up until recently, not many paid attention to even though he was the best player in one of the best teams in the state. He might arrive in college close to 6'10. He is not fast or bouncy, but is very smart and strong as a bull.

Thanks for the words.

Three possible things at play here:
1) I might over estimate how blue blood Louisville is these days. I know, as I lived in the area for over 3 years, how big the program is locally, but beyond the area, it has been a rough period post Pitino
2) I might underestimate how a local kid is perceived, blue blood or not. Jeffersonville is not just close, you can walk across the bridge to it from downtown Louisville
3) I might be completely off on my assessment. Kid is a 6'8 junior, who, up until recently, not many paid attention to even though he was the best player in one of the best teams in the state. He might arrive in college close to 6'10. He is not fast or bouncy, but is very smart and strong as a bull.

Honestly I thought you might have referred to Louisville as a "blue blood" sarcastically.

I'm always glad when a hard-working big guy starts to get noticed for his intangible skills, as opposed to his points per game or his "stars."

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT