ADVERTISEMENT

How did NU's top 2017 targets do during the first weekend of the July eval period?

To answer my question, Illinois Preps Bullseye reports that the leaders for Smith are Stanford, Villanova and Indiana.

Good luck to the young man.

i don't CCC staff ever felt that Smith was a good fit for the program for various reasons. Just a situation where they decided to go in other directions, not against the staff or kid. just a fit and feel thing

To answer my question, Illinois Preps Bullseye reports that the leaders for Smith are Stanford, Villanova and Indiana.

Good luck to the young man.

He announced his Top 7 tonight. No NU...

I wonder if any of these players have trouble adjusting from the spotlight situation of everybody hanging on every twitter post they make during the recruitment process to being almost ignored once their college season begins and (as is often the case) they don't end up with all that much playing time...

In a way, it's kind of sad (though I obviously understand the necessity) we must put so much focus and attention on the recruitment process. I guess it's neat for the players (for a few, it might even be the highlight of their athletic career)...but the letdown that's bound to happen afterwards to some of them can't always be easy.

Reactions: Jonny2TheP
I wonder if any of these players have trouble adjusting from the spotlight situation of everybody hanging on every twitter post they make during the recruitment process to being almost ignored once their college season begins and (as is often the case) they don't end up with all that much playing time...

In a way, it's kind of sad (though I obviously understand the necessity) we must put so much focus and attention on the recruitment process. I guess it's neat for the players (for a few, it might even be the highlight of their athletic career)...but the letdown that's bound to happen afterwards to some of them can't always be easy.

Would you have written this post if NU has ended up in Smith's top 7? I don't recall the same musings when Evans narrowed his list last week......

Would you have written this post if NU has ended up in Smith's top 7? I don't recall the same musings when Evans narrowed his list last week......

I don't know. Does it matter? Did I say somethings you don't approve of?

Out of curiosity what school is the one with the I and the US flag colors

Play nice, boys. Play nice.

I'm trying, LouV. Still trying to figure out what I said that has brought the angst of Fitzphile and Yesterday. If I had made the same comment on a guy that had kept us on our list, they would have said, "Why do you have to crap on something good?" Felt it was much better to post my ponderous musings following a guy we didn't land. Is that wrong?

I'm trying, LouV. Still trying to figure out what I said that has brought the angst of Fitzphile and Yesterday. If I had made the same comment on a guy that had kept us on our list, they would have said, "Why do you have to crap on something good?" Felt it was much better to post my ponderous musings following a guy we didn't land. Is that wrong?

Ha ha, I doubt very much that Fitzphile and I have any angst over your posts. I was just teasing you. I thought we were such chums by now that you would know that.

On the other hand, it is pretty funny when anybody says, "Those darn kids and their Tweeters and hat dances! In my day, you signed your LOI in a dark basement beside the janitor's room. Don't kids have any family values anymore?"

Reactions: NUCat320

I love and hate recruiting coverage. I love Lou, but he and countless others would probably annoy me if I started getting texts from them. Life was good when it was Bob Sakamoto and Taylor Bell and nobody else. (Note: Sakamoto is now in a Skip Myslenski role for DePaul. I had no idea: http://www.depaulbluedemons.com/genrel/bob_sakamoto_867214.html)

These kids are great at photoshop though.

In other news, I *do* wish nu had a commit by now...

Last edited:
Reactions: IGNORE2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT