ADVERTISEMENT

How Easy is it to Cancel a BTN Plus Subscription?

FrancisSearle75

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Lincoln Park
I want to sign up for BTN Plus for the non conference games but don't see a need for it once we've started the conference schedule.

Some of these media subscription services are annoying when it comes time to cancel. Easy to sign up but difficult to discontinue. I think it was XM satellite radio where it took five minutes to upgrade a package but more than 40 minutes to cancel by phone.

I want to sign up for BTN Plus for the non conference games but don't see a need for it once we've started the conference schedule.

Some of these media subscription services are annoying when it comes time to cancel. Easy to sign up but difficult to discontinue. I think it was XM satellite radio where it took five minutes to upgrade a package but more than 40 minutes to cancel by phone.
Simple. They have a box you can uncheck for auto renewal. Works fine.

I always sign up for BTN Plus with a Northwestern only subscription of $9.95 and cancel no problems after a month. I just did it now, and for some reason it charged me ZERO according to the email I got.

Service Summary
Service: BTN Plus Monthly (Northwestern)
Price: USD$0

ETA: I have an old credit card in there, might be the issue, but it says I am subscribed. I don't see anyway though to turn off auto-renewal. Looking at web version of btn2go and ipad as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: lunker35
I always sign up for BTN Plus with a Northwestern only subscription of $9.95 and cancel no problems after a month. I just did it now, and for some reason it charged me ZERO according to the email I got.

Service Summary
Service: BTN Plus Monthly (Northwestern)
Price: USD$0

ETA: I have an old credit card in there, might be the issue, but it says I am subscribed. I don't see anyway though to turn off auto-renewal. Looking at web version of btn2go and ipad as well.
I resubscribed last week and they did change my AMEX.

Good for you. Glad to hear you’ve over come your fear of online purchases.

Looking forward to intelligent conversation with you on The Rock.
I trust BTN!!!

Intelligent conversations on the Rock? With ECat there? Not at all tempted to take that risk with little upside reward;)

Simple. They have a box you can uncheck for auto renewal. Works fine.
yep i've also done this before - they make it very easy, if you just don't check the auto renewal you don't even need to remember to cancel it yourself and it goes away (which I have problems with in other cases for one-time subscriptions). they are user friendly, i think in part cause they realize that most of their revenue from this BTN plus comes from customers like us who only want it for a few games in non-con season and they don't want to scare them away for the future years.

i imagine there are also some customers out there who buy it regardless for other non-revenue sports, but would think they get a big bump in #s this first 1-2 months of bball season.

Reactions: FrancisSearle75
I just want to stress that it's important to remind yourself that once the conference games start you need to go online and cancel. Or, you'll pay a monthly charge for a full year which you'll discover in a humiliating fashion. When you try to sign up, BTN will tell you you're already signed up.

No that I have firsthand experience with this.

Reactions: FrancisSearle75
I just want to stress that it's important to remind yourself that once the conference games start you need to go online and cancel. Or, you'll pay a monthly charge for a full year which you'll discover in a humiliating fashion. When you try to sign up, BTN will tell you you're already signed up.

No that I have firsthand experience with this.
Not true if you check the "do not auto renew" box... I've done this the last 2 years and had no problem, you don't even need to cancel it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT