ADVERTISEMENT

How much *quarterback* has Lausch played?

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
NU only reports on his senior year stats in the bio. Did Lausch play quarterback at Brother Rice before his final season?

Lausch was a nationally-rated baseball player. And to reach that level of recognition (and to have a Perfect Game ranking), he was definitely spending time in travel baseball and at scouting showcases, etc.

I think it’s very unlikely that Lausch has played as much quarterback as most D1 quarterbacks have played. I don’t know this, which is why I’m asking, but I doubt he spent a lot of time in passing leagues or at football combines or camps.

This is perhaps another reason that Lausch is similar to Kafka. Kafka got his ‘athlete’ offer at NU based on his performance at camp before his senior year. He had been a WR, because St. Rita had an ‘always start a senior QB policy’. So he wowed NU staff with his athleticism and got the offer.

Kafka, of course, was totally unready to play quarterback when he arrived at NU. He played badly until Bacher was ready, then sat for two seasons, then had one of the great years in NU history.

Basically, Lausch looked pretty good. Maybe he’ll be really good. (Maybe EIU just sucks. But 30 points is an accomplishment.)

Reactions: FLCat07
NU only reports on his senior year stats in the bio. Did Lausch play quarterback at Brother Rice before his final season?

Lausch was a nationally-rated baseball player. And to reach that level of recognition (and to have a Perfect Game ranking), he was definitely spending time in travel baseball and at scouting showcases, etc.

I think it’s very unlikely that Lausch has played as much quarterback as most D1 quarterbacks have played. I don’t know this, which is why I’m asking, but I doubt he spent a lot of time in passing leagues or at football combines or camps.

This is perhaps another reason that Lausch is similar to Kafka. Kafka got his ‘athlete’ offer at NU based on his performance at camp before his senior year. He had been a WR, because St. Rita had an ‘always start a senior QB policy’. So he wowed NU staff with his athleticism and got the offer.

Kafka, of course, was totally unready to play quarterback when he arrived at NU. He played badly until Bacher was ready, then sat for two seasons, then had one of the great years in NU history.

Basically, Lausch looked pretty good. Maybe he’ll be really good. (Maybe EIU just sucks. But 30 points is an accomplishment.)
He was a safety the first 2 years at BR

It seems the Kafka analogy is appropriate. Braun and Lujan certainly saw a lot of potential.
Braun and Lujan were not here when Lausch was brought in so it would have been Fitz and Jake that saw the potential to offer and work to bring him in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT