ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING How/when to give out offers

SmellyCat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I'm still new to The Rock and all of the discussion about recruiting, but I'm curious about something...how are offers managed? I'd imagine it's an extremely difficult tightrope for Fitz and company to walk on. Offer too many, and some people will accept that don't help you much. Offer too few and you might not fill up your class with guys you want. Same with the timing of the offer - I noticed it seemed like a lot of offers were extended this week while we're still waiting for all of the studs coming to town in June. Were those extended to get bigger groups in June?

I know Fitz is not big on playing the games that Harbaugh et al like to play - if he makes an offer, it is a guy he would take right now, correct? So how does he walk the tightrope?

Additionally, the positional limitations or class limitations - does that mean that offers get rescinded all the time too? Like when Petrucci accepted, did all the other TEs lose their offers? Is it done automatically, or do we make it clear to them that if they don't jump now, they may lose their spot? Same with the class size. When we "fill up" our class, how much more recruiting is going on? I assume it doesn't come close to stopping completely, in case there's a total stud out there or we lose a guy as a decommit.

So many questions, but I'm not sure I'm asking them right. I just wanted to know how the sausage is made here. I know many of you have been involved directly with recruiting (either as a recruiter or recruitee or both), plus many more who are passionate about, so anything you can share would be appreciated.

I figure behind the pay wall, we can talk a bit more freely about this than on the free board. Thanks in advance!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News