ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Johnson listed as 4th string quarterback today even behind Whitaker

Not sure what's going on here but that can't be positive
I strongly believe that Fitz is a decent human being and that he values the well-being of his players over everything, including wins. He has concluded that it is not in HJ's best interest to play this year. For whatever personal reasons, Fitz has probably decided that even though HJ may want to go out there, Fitz feels strongly that it wouldn't be best for HJ. Thus, this move today is probably to end the speculation by media and fans as to whether HJ will finally get in the game. HJ may not agree at the moment, but he may eventually understand why it was done. We'll see..... or likely, we'll never really know. But, despite criticisms I have of Fitz, I don't doubt that he does what he thinks is best for his kids in the long run.

I strongly believe that Fitz is a decent human being and that he values the well-being of his players over everything, including wins. He has concluded that it is not in HJ's best interest to play this year. For whatever personal reasons, Fitz has probably decided that even though HJ may want to go out there, Fitz feels strongly that it wouldn't be best for HJ. Thus, this move today is probably to end the speculation by media and fans as to whether HJ will finally get in the game. HJ may not agree at the moment, but he may eventually understand why it was done. We'll see..... or likely, we'll never really know. But, despite criticisms I have of Fitz, I don't doubt that he does what he thinks is best for his kids in the long run.
Redshirt!

It's obvious Fitz has taken football off Johnson's plate for the rest of this season. Hope Hunter clears his mind, gets healed physically, and is ready to compete for the job in spring.

Reactions: ricko654321
To have one more year of eligibility left?

Clemson freshman year
Sat out last year
Sits out again after transfer
Last year of eligibility somewhere else

That’s not how it works unless he grad transfers, in which case it wouldn’t make eye if he plays next year.

I would like to believe this too, but this has just been bizarre

It's obvious Fitz has taken football off Johnson's plate for the rest of this season. Hope Hunter clears his mind, gets healed physically, and is ready to compete for the job in spring.
I know just about everyone is down on Wrassler's transfer thoughts but it sure seems like Fitz is not into this guy at all. I don't think it is out of the question that he leaves the program. The if NU has to go guys that played QB today, next season could also be ugly.

I have nothing to base this on but I don't think we will ever see Hunter Johnson play again

Reactions: Catslash
I know just about everyone is down on Wrassler's transfer thoughts but it sure seems like Fitz is not into this guy at all. I don't think it is out of the question that he leaves the program. The if NU has to go guys that played QB today, next season could also be ugly.

Agree. And we never agree.

Erik

Agreed! Hope he stays
Why would he stay unless it's the same reason he came here, i.e., support for a family member?

Obviously, things didn't work out for him here as he couldn't grasp the McCall offense. I'm guessing he transfers. Any school will take him and he could start for almost any power 5 team. Just not here. NU is the geek that doesn't know what to do with the hot girl at the dance.

Reactions: drewjin and IGNORE
Why would he stay unless it's the same reason he came here, i.e., support for a family member?

Obviously, things didn't work out for him here as he couldn't grasp the McCall offense. I'm guessing he transfers. Any school will take him and he could start for almost any power 5 team. Just not here. NU is the geek that doesn't know what to do with the hot girl at the dance.

LOL, you’re topping your usual self with this post Turk.

Corbi,
Obviously, it didn't work out here. Not saying he gave up on the program but Fitz placed him as 4th string. Has Fitz put anyone else out there, publicly, 4th on the depth chart? I'd say the Hunter Johnson days on the field are numbered. I wish him the best at some stud school.

We will get to watch Smith develop over the next 2 years. Today, Smith was awful. Against the worst defense in the nation. Something is wrong.

The one thing against that, though, is how infuriated Fitz was when HJ was thrown to the ground after the whistle against Indiana. Fitz looked like he was about to take somebody's head off. I've never seen Fitz react like that before. If he really is anti-HJ, I don't think he would have reacted like that.

Who knows if Turk is right or wrong it doesn't matter there's something very strange going on with the hunter Johnson situation. Perhaps it's just the family matter but if not I'm not sure we'll ever see him play again. At Northwestern.

I would like to believe this too, but this has just been bizarre
Fitz needs to open his mouth and address it for the kids sake. If he is silent, then I can see the speculation having some merit. It’s great that he cares for the kids well being, but sitting him without any explanation at all is not doing the kid the full favor.

Who knows if Turk is right or wrong it doesn't matter there's something very strange going on with the hunter Johnson situation. Perhaps it's just the family matter but if not I'm not sure we'll ever see him play again. At Northwestern.

you don’t need to repeat yourself, we heard you the first time, and there’s a reason no one engaged with your comment

Fitz needs to open his mouth and address it for the kids sake. If he is silent, then I can see the speculation having some merit. It’s great that he cares for the kids well being, but sitting him without any explanation at all is not doing the kid the full favor.

Here we go again. This is the same kind of nonsense that was spewed prior to the announcement about HJ’s mom. After that explanation, I would think NU fans would have learned enough to give Fitz and the kid the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
Here we go again. This is the same kind of nonsense that was spewed prior to the announcement about HJ’s mom. After that explanation, I would think NU fans would have learned to give Fitz and the kid the benefit of the doubt.

My baseless speculation (well, aside from the winless Big Ten record) is that Fitz has already decided to remove McCall as offensive coordinator and figures that with a new playbook for next year, there’s no sense burdening Hunter, who already went through a lot emotionally this year, with trying to carry a bunch of fourth-string offensive players on his back.

I predict Hunter will be the Game 1 starter next season.

My baseless speculation (well, aside from the winless Big Ten record) is that Fitz has already decided to remove McCall as offensive coordinator and figures that with a new playbook for next year, there’s no sense burdening Hunter, who already went through a lot emotionally this year, with trying to carry a bunch of fourth-string offensive players on his back.

I predict Hunter will be the Game 1 starter next season.

LOL, why not!

Reactions: IGNORE
Here we go again. This is the same kind of nonsense that was spewed prior to the announcement about HJ’s mom. After that explanation, I would think NU fans would have learned to give Fitz and the kid the benefit of the doubt.
Yes can we please give it a rest? Hunter disclosed as much as is needed. Just leave it. Please. I would like to see him play but he obviously isn't going to do so. Go complain about McCall. Or CCC. Or Trump. Anything

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT