ADVERTISEMENT

I have never seen worse coaching in my life. No seriously. This was the worst of the worst.

Eurocat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Undefeated Miami (the one in Florida) leads Georgia Tech by three.

GT is out of timeouts.

Miami has the balll. It is third down

As you know the playclock in CFB is forty seconds.

With LESS THAN FORTY SECONDS LEFT in the game they do NOT take a knee BUT SNAP THE BALL and FUMBLE it.

Georgia Tech gets the ball and throws two long passes not just to get in to field goal range but all the way to the end zone. They win the game.

200.gif

Anybody else concerned that reverse karma might be raising its head as we failed to take a knee? All I could think of was Ron Dayne's fumble at Wisconsin when their failure to take a knee ended up giving NU the win.

Reactions: drewjin and fcmchi
If a coach pulled that at an SEC school not named Vanderbilt the fans meet the team at the airport to fight the coach.

• Haha
Reactions: drewjin
I was surprised there was about 8 minutes and change NU had the ball on the 23. Why didn’t they attempt a field goal? It would have put them up by 3 possessions. What then happened they go for a fourth down play. Sullivan gets sacked Turin the ball over on downs. Then on the first play Howard scores a td.

I was surprised there was about 8 minutes and change NU had the ball on the 23. Why didn’t they attempt a field goal? It would have put them up by 3 possessions. What then happened they go for a fourth down play. Sullivan gets sacked Turin the ball over on downs. Then on the first play Howard scores a td.
I had the same reaction while at the game. But Braun said during the press conference, which is available on NU.Sports.com, that the wind was the reason they didn’t try the field goal.

I had the same reaction while at the game. But Braun said during the press conference, which is available on NU.Sports.com, that the wind was the reason they didn’t try the field goal.
Thanks for that explanation. a field goal there would have iced the game.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
I get it however while a FG is no certainty neither was a first down. You also may need a FG in the wind down the road. You need to see if the special teams has it in them.

His response was very thoughtful. He said that before and during the game he and the special teams had discussed the conditions. Maybe our kicker told him he didn’t feel comfortable from that distance and he didn’t want to throw him under the bus.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
When we had 1st and 10 at the Howard 22, we could have run the clock out even if Howard had used their final timeout. Instead, we ran two more plays.
Ummm... We were trying to score without risking a pass. It just means that Braun was a bit embarrassed at the 23-20 lead and made a bad decision.

To be fair, in the SEC and the states of Texas and Oklahoma, no coach is taking a knee there, even if his team is ahead 70-3.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT