ADVERTISEMENT

I just noticed

mikero3

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2018
How many of our players added significant weight this offseason. I know players usually do, but not always this much. I am not a person that thinks it is always good, but it should be interesting. I remember remarking to a friend how few OL's we had that we 300+lbs last season. Not that way anymore. But Not just our OL and a few DL like linemen like Alex Miller who gained around 30 lbs, but throughout the team except for a few like Jefferson who is still 170 lbs.

Truthfully if you gain 6 or 8 pounds in a year it is pretty good. We have a lot of guys that gained more than that. Let's see which players the extra weight help and those that is hurts. i remember Walker played better thinner while Fisher played even better with the extra size.

Glad that Spivak and CB Williams lost a little too, as he is a nice player with only average speed and quickness.

Guys like Ruiz and Newsome are above average cover guys who i wish would have gained a little bit more weight, but more importantly have to work on tackling and almost certainly at least, have added strength. They should be fine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News