ADVERTISEMENT

I Knew We Were Doomed When Air Willie Made His Return in Seattle

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
The Alaska Mojo Moose can just do so much, but they were no match for the Bad Omen of Air Willie's return. There at the entrance to the N-Zone Pregame Northwestern Alumni Tailgate stood an inflated Air Willie. Quick, someone kidnap him and make sure he is deflated before we play Indiana.

For those who were not here to share the angst of Air Willie in doomed days past, below is a link to the late FarEast Wildcat's archived piece on HailtoPurple.com.

Air Willie's Ominous Past

Pictured below is first, Air Willie making his return in Seattle.

It is followed by my photo of the original Air Willie.

Finally are selected scenes from Saturday at the N-Zone Pregame Northwestern Alumni Tailgate at the University of Washington in Seattle.

zi8h8d85tw5c.jpeg

alaska_msu2006_15.jpg

wo1c7v9llbxp.jpeg

6vjmupotqddh.jpeg

97fa4nxv0i2s.jpeg

Reactions: Arlcatsfan
Adding insult to injury, little did I expect to see the Alaska Wildcat karma being neutralized by our opponent having its stadium positioned on Alaska Airline Field;

b0fd10o0zuc9.jpeg

ecff2tgjmglb.jpeg

sk31bkirsfge.jpeg

moypk31gh5sw.jpeg

54res5hkiwch.jpeg

Reactions: Arlcatsfan
FWIW, note in the photo of the scoreboard from the 4th Quarter with 11:52 left in the game we had fewer penalties (NU: 1 for 5 yards; UW: 6 for 32 yards) and we had the greater time of possession (NU: 24:15; UW: 23:46).

Is it possible that Mark Jackson the new AD is focused on revenue maximization and broadening acceptability of inflatable/air-blown mascots?

If Schill accepted that condition, he definitely needs to go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT