ADVERTISEMENT

If a student athlete failed miserably in their first six quarters at Northwestern

CatManTrue

Oct 4, 2008
So if a student athlete failed miserably in each of their first six quarters, would Northwestern let them stay on campus? I’m thinking no - such a person would be long gone.

JON’s defensive system is an abject and miserable failure after what we saw from before. He’s had a season and a half to show what he can do and we’re now basement dwellars in our conference, with a well earned Bottom 10 ranking.

How is he still here after the bye week? He’s had his six quarters and I think everyone objective would give him a failing grade.

Sorry if I’m being simple. The analogy just hit me. Fitz wouldn’t let a football player fail academically and stick around for this long.

So why JON? Does he have dirt on somebody, or something?

So if a student athlete failed miserably in each of their first six quarters, would Northwestern let them stay on campus? I’m thinking no - such a person would be long gone.

JON’s defensive system is an abject and miserable failure after what we saw from before. He’s had a season and a half to show what he can do and we’re now basement dwellars in our conference, with a well earned Bottom 10 ranking.

How is he still here after the bye week? He’s had his six quarters and I think everyone objective would give him a failing grade.

Sorry if I’m being simple. The analogy just hit me. Fitz wouldn’t let a football player fail academically and stick around for this long.

So why JON? Does he have dirt on somebody, or something?

I find it amusing that fans want to replace both coordinators, but keep the head coach in place.

It does not matter as Pat will not fire Jim. They are good friends and he is happy with Jim’s coaching.

I find it amusing that fans want to replace both coordinators, but keep the head coach in place.

It does not matter as Pat will not fire Jim. They are good friends and he is happy with Jim’s coaching.
We are being realistic. Even if Fitz goes 1-11 this season and next, he won’t be let go. He has earned more patience than most head coaches for quite a few reasons.

But he has to acknowledge his mistakes. Hiring JON and changing a system that worked was one. He could also let Genyk focus on a position and get a new ST coach.

Bajakian has a mobile QB in Sullivan now so I’m excited to see whatt hat will entail.

But our defense has turned from a strength to an embarrassment. We need to get back to what worked with Hankwitz’s recruits. JON should be gone, and McG or Mac should get a shot for six games.

Leave the JON. And the Cannoli.

But our defense has turned from a strength to an embarrassment. We need to get back to what worked with Hankwitz’s recruits. JON should be gone, and McG or Mac should get a shot for six games.

The defense held Wisconsin scoreless in the third quarter. They’re not an embarrassment.

We are being realistic. Even if Fitz goes 1-11 this season and next, he won’t be let go. He has earned more patience than most head coaches for quite a few reasons.

But he has to acknowledge his mistakes. Hiring JON and changing a system that worked was one. He could also let Genyk focus on a position and get a new ST coach.

Bajakian has a mobile QB in Sullivan now so I’m excited to see whatt hat will entail.

What incentive does PF to get a new DC?

What incentive does PF to get a new DC?
Here are the first few that come to mind:

1) Stop embarrassing our football program
2) Stop embarrassing Pat Ryan and other donors
3) Stop embarrassing himself
4) Give us a chance to win games regularly again

Here are the first few that come to mind:

1) Stop embarrassing our football program
2) Stop embarrassing Pat Ryan and other donors
3) Stop embarrassing himself
4) Give us a chance to win games regularly again
He doesn’t believe firing O’Neil will improve on field performance. Sorry, but it’s the truth. From what im hearing he 100 percent blames the players and his main focus is recruiting.

He doesn’t believe firing O’Neil will improve on field performance. Sorry, but it’s the truth. From what im hearing he 100 percent blames the players and his main focus is recruiting.
If you want to hear the Truth, then you’ve come to the right source. Check my handle - there’s nothing to be sorry for.

Fitz blaming the players is truly him blaming himself. He’s been the face of the program for 16 years and the team is a reflection ultimately of his and his staff’s recruitment and development efforts - or lack thereof.

I PREDICT that JON will no longer be our defensive coordinator in January…

UNLESS our defense has a major turnaround and we finish 4-8, at worst.

Now that the cannoli has been passed, let’s help Fitzy out a bit by suggesting new DCs.

Some criteria I have in mind. Perhaps @AdamOnFirst or @gocatsgo2003 can share which candidates will fit this bill. Also LMK what we’re missing. I’ll post this to Indeed or LinkedIn if we have to.
  • Proven history of coaching a successful collegiate defense at the FBS / FCS level
  • Understands the importance of fundamental tackling
  • Unafraid of the limitations our admissions places on the ceiling of athletic talent
  • Either a Hankwitz retiree type who will be here for a decade, or a young hot up-and-comer that has Leonhard-type potential

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT