ADVERTISEMENT

If Clayton makes it to NFL and starts

No, but it sure wouldn't hurt for PR purposes.

(Still crossing my fingers and knocking on wood that Clayton instead chooses to come back in 2018 for a shot at winning a title and improving his NFL stock even further.)

(Still crossing my fingers and knocking on wood that Clayton instead chooses to come back in 2018 for a shot at winning a title and improving his NFL stock even further.)
Well, if Clayton has such a good season that he will be projected as a first-rounder and pretty much has to go to the draft, I think that would mean NU had a pretty good season and I would take that.

Reactions: rmndcat
Michigan State has 2 starters now Hoyer and Cousins; NC State with Glennon and Rivers; Cal with Rodgers and Goff probably a few more too.

Can include Russ Wilson in here too
Good point. So NC State has 3 starters.

That being said there are all-pro caliber NFL starters from Miami Ohio, Delaware, Ole Miss etc. so take it for what it's worth. College football and the NFL aren't the same game, especially st the QB position.

I hope so also and was talking in a couple years

Michigan State has 2 starters now Hoyer and Cousins; NC State with Glennon and Rivers; Cal with Rodgers and Goff probably a few more too.
Doesn't look like Glennon is a great representative. Hope he shows up better as it means he will have some trade value but so far...Do you count Wilson as he went to WIS before coming out? MSU seems the closest and it is not exactly known as a QB school either.

Doesn't look like Glennon is a great representative. Hope he shows up better as it means he will have some trade value but so far...Do you count Wilson as he went to WIS before coming out? MSU seems the closest and it is not exactly known as a QB school either.

Yeah... I'm not sure Cal wants "credit" for Goff at this point either.

Reactions: NUCat320
Will NU start being called QB U? I mean having two of NFL starters 0ver a 4 year period would put them in some pretty rare company.
The amount of threads speculating on Clayton being an NFL first round pick or starter is getting to absurd levels of premature. Did you guys not watch him the last two years? He is not at that level yet. It's possible he gets there but he certainly isn't today.

The amount of threads speculating on Clayton being an NFL first round pick or starter is getting to absurd levels of premature. Did you guys not watch him the last two years? He is not at that level yet. It's possible he gets there but he certainly isn't today.
With out Carr he may regress a little.

Totally agree. He has the potential but still a long way to go to be a top pick. Hoping he shows a lot of improvement this year and is around for 2018 to show even more.

With out Carr he may regress a little.
You could argue from a development standpoint, needing to read defenses and find open receivers is a plus at this juncture in his career. When he was a FR maybe not...

He has targets that will create mismatches, and I believe he'll find them just fine. Smart guy and has the tools, he'll manage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT