ADVERTISEMENT

If I ever hear Matt Millen call another game…

…it will be too soon. He is the worst. But loved his answer to the trivia question: “Don’t ask me. I don’t know anything about Northwestern football.” Never truer words spoken!
I don’t know, he is such a meathead that it’s almost charming. He has grown on me. Maybe it’s me feeling sorry for him given all the health issues he’s had.

…it will be too soon. He is the worst. But loved his answer to the trivia question: “Don’t ask me. I don’t know anything about Northwestern football.” Never truer words spoken!
He didn't know anything about running an NFL office either, yet the Lions gave him a contract extension. Good times...

He has a certain doofy charisma to him behind the mic to combine with a solid knowledge of the fundamentals of the game that gives him a solid base to work with… which makes it all the more annoying he squanders it with his apparent lack of interest in doing his homework and his tired “I’m old school and therefore refuse to learn about or pretend to not be annoyed by newer football styles” routine.

He didn't know anything about running an NFL office either, yet the Lions gave him a contract extension. Good times...
On the broadcast today, he said that the Purdue safety (a freshman) is the best defensive player he's ever seen. The other guy (Onion) asked in surprise, "The best?", and he confirmed yes, the best. That made me think of his lack of success in running the Lions....

For whatever reason the BigTen Network has some of the worst “talent” in the booth. It was really painful listening to the drivel accompanying the video today. The constant fawning over the Purdue rb’s and db’s was so annoying. Geez Matt- if the the Purdue players were so talented why did Purdue never have the lead?

For those of you who are still suffering from listening to the terrible BTN announcers I remind you of how easy it is to sync Dave Eanet's wgnradio.com live broadcast of the CAT's games to your TV picture. Once you do this it is unlikely that you will ever put up with the awful television announcers again.

If you don't know how to do it just use your cell phone and go to:
and follow the simple instructions.

Then listen to Dave through your phone's speaker and mute the annoying and biased TV announcers.

Last edited:
On the broadcast today, he said that the Purdue safety (a freshman) is the best defensive player he's ever seen. The other guy (Onion) asked in surprise, "The best?", and he confirmed yes, the best. That made me think of his lack of success in running the Lions....
To be fair, that was qualified by "freshman" and "safety".

For whatever reason the BigTen Network has some of the worst “talent” in the booth. It was really painful listening to the drivel accompanying the video today. The constant fawning over the Purdue rb’s and db’s was so annoying. Geez Matt- if the the Purdue players were so talented why did Purdue never have the lead?
If not worst, then definitely among the most biased. I’m not asking for them to bleed purple, but, to your point, if you’re going to fawn, fawn equally. How about a little Hollis hype for saving a TD? I think they maybe gave Heard some brief praise for how he was flying around but that’s it.

Make him only broadcast PSU football games . That would be appropriate punishment for all involved

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT