ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois chokes, benefits from bad call wins in OT

phatcat

Nov 5, 2001
Wisconsin
Blew a 24 point lead, PU went ahead, ILL benefited from a missed fumble, and won in OT. Sucks.

PU not a pushover

In the Wisconsin smothering RU thread, I said we would have to earn a bowl game. There will be no easy wins. I said the exception might be Purdue. I might be wrong about that now. Everyone in the conference is improving, especially our old foes from the West. Get out the popcorn, it is going to be a wild season all the way til December!!!!!!

In the Wisconsin smothering RU thread, I said we would have to earn a bowl game. There will be no easy wins. I said the exception might be Purdue. I might be wrong about that now. Everyone in the conference is improving, especially our old foes from the West. Get out the popcorn, it is going to be a wild season all the way til December!!!!!!

Maybe those teams are saying the same things about us..

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Blew a 24 point lead, PU went ahead, ILL benefited from a missed fumble, and won in OT. Sucks.

PU not a pushover
Yes, but I don't think anybody's going to be a pushover in the middle of the Big Ten.

Iowa, Wisconsin, Purdue, Illinois are all games we can win or lose. There's not much consistency among us. Look how much better our team looked this week than pretty much every other week.

Maryland was 10.5 point favorites against us... and we won by 27.

That's pretty much going to tell the story the rest of the way; if we can find another 2 or 3 wins, we'll be bowling. Won't be easy at all, but I think it's doable to get to 5 or 6.

PU not a pushover
The fumble was one of those calls that could not be overturned. The key moments of the play were screened out. You could not tell whether the QB had control before he was down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT