ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois vs. Austin Peay

mikewebb68

Oct 24, 2009
Another instant non-classic in the making, currently on BTN if you're interested.

Go Governors!

More turnovers than FGs for both teams, with the Illini turning it over 25 times (an amazing 15 in the first half!) . Made our game vs. them look like an absolute work of art by comparison.

But they did manage to eke out a victory at the end, unlike the three prior games where thy could not close, and they will take any win to snap their losing streak at this point. Having said that, winning a squeaker against a terrible Austin Peay team (#273 Kenpom) that SEC bottom-feeder Vandy beat by 20. will be the subject, as Steve Bardo termed on the broadcast, of "a LOT of game film...."

On the positive side, they do look a lot like us from a few years ago; a team that could not score, but could play solid defense. So if they follow the same trajectory as us they might be on to something, Right now, they're just bad, though.

I honestly don't think the Illini or Cats will make the ncaa tourney this year. Sad for us. I don't care about the Illini. I am glad we beat them though this year and I witnessed it.

I honestly don't think the Illini or Cats will make the ncaa tourney this year. Sad for us. I don't care about the Illini. I am glad we beat them though this year and I witnessed it.
Love your enthusiasm nine games into the season. Let's win the next 6 non-conference games, including Oklahoma and the win 11 games in a weak BIg Ten conference and they will be in the "Dance". Or they could just go out and win the BTT!

Reactions: mickbula
Love your enthusiasm nine games into the season. Let's win the next 6 non-conference games, including Oklahoma and the win 11 games in a weak BIg Ten conference and they will be in the "Dance". Or they could just go out and win the BTT!

Wow, who hijacked willy's account? I love the positive enthusiasm. I say we just win the B1G outright, then the BTT, then make a deep run in the NCAA tournament. What can be so hard about that?

Don't know how you can say that after our effort on the road vs. Purdue. Are you witnessing what Purdue is doing to a good Valpo team tonight?

Don't know how you can say that after our effort on the road vs. Purdue. Are you witnessing what Purdue is doing to a good Valpo team tonight?
I apologize for the negative outlook on our NU hoops team this year. Usually I'm a lot more uppity about our teams. The NU football turnaround this season was really something special. I hope/will be rooting for the same with the basketball team. Thanks for the pep talk. I'll be there at several more home games at AA this season. I will root them on regardless of how the season turns out. Go Cats!!

I apologize for the negative outlook on our NU hoops team this year. Usually I'm a lot more uppity about our teams. The NU football turnaround this season was really something special. I hope/will be rooting for the same with the basketball team. Thanks for the pep talk. I'll be there at several more home games at AA this season. I will root them on regardless of how the season turns out. Go Cats!!

Apology accepted!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT