ADVERTISEMENT

I'm worried about our players' safety

Medill '03

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2001
It's obvious this program isn't prepared right now for Division I football. The chronically weak OL jeopardizes everyone else, especially the QBs. But the QBs under pressure also threaten the WRs. The RBs don't have a chance. The gameplan today didn't even bother to try to run—against Rutgers. This is no way to survive a football season. I'm worried these guys will sustain serious harm in a season that was lost even before it started. How can we protect these guys from life-altering harm? This is the first time I've watched NU and thought, "Oh, now I understand what the Dark Ages must have felt like." It takes some kind of coaching/administration screw-up to make Rutgers look like Ohio State. They looked bigger, tougher, faster, stronger, smarter—and it's not close.

Last edited:
It's obvious this program isn't prepared right now for Division I football. The chronically weak OL jeopardizes everyone else, especially the QBs. But the QBs under pressure also threaten the WRs. The RBs don't have a chance. The gameplan today didn't even bother to try to run—against Rutgers. This is no way to survive a football season. I'm worried these guys will sustain serious harm in a season that was lost even before it started. How can we protect these guys from life-altering harm? This is the first time I've watched NU and thought, "Oh, now I understand what the Dark Ages must have felt like." It's takes some kind of screw-up to make Rutgers look like Ohio State. They looked bigger, tougher, faster, stronger, smarter—and it's not close.
Well, we were playing catch-up from the opening drive of the game, and the conventional wisdom is that the way to play catch-up is by throwing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT