ADVERTISEMENT

Impact of Portal and NIL?

techtim72

Gold Member
May 10, 2010
Strictly finger in the air but there were zero upsets yesterday and almost every lower ranked opponent got blown out. I don't recall this consistently lopsided scores for years. The SEC scores were ridiculous. I posted on here a NYT article - no one read - that had SEC payroll around $10 mil in average with the Big Ten second at around $5 mil. Sounds about right.

Strictly finger in the air but there were zero upsets yesterday and almost every lower ranked opponent got blown out. I don't recall this consistently lopsided scores for years. The SEC scores were ridiculous. I posted on here a NYT article - no one read - that had SEC payroll around $10 mil in average with the Big Ten second at around $5 mil. Sounds about right.
I mean, we’re like 9 days off the season-opening GT/FSU debacle, so let’s not go crazy. I do think the portal is going to make it easier for top teams to guarantee competent QB play since they can always go buy somebody decent rather than end up with completely nobody. It’s a great era to be a very good but not draft elite college QB

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT